+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Plan A No Plan B -nothing.

No Plan A No Plan B -nothing.

Pathetic display all round. No idea no urgency no nothing. It was all too easy for a classy Danish team. Big sort out needed, and this game shows how far behind they are. They got away with it in the group but not today. Don’t blame Page- he’s got no quality to work with. It’s a long road back, and perhaps the hype will now die down.

Re: No Plan A No Plan B -nothing.

I agree.

Disagree,there’s plenty of quality to work with.Page is/was massively out of his depth.

We were beaten by a much better team today. Our key players are Bale and Ramsey and both are past their best
    This may well have been our golden period.

For a limited bunch - we are internationally let’s face it - we have done all we could have expected.

No manager

No plan B - quite right.
    Good players but odd tactics throughout. I think they’d do better with a proper manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Pathetic display all round. No idea no urgency no nothing. It was all too easy for a classy Danish team. Big sort out needed, and this game shows how far behind they are. They got away with it in the group but not today. Don’t blame Page- he’s got no quality to work with. It’s a long road back, and perhaps the hype will now die down.
    What kind of big sort out do you suggest if Page has no quality to work with ?

This team got as far as the quality in the team would allow. The 2016 vintage had Bale and Ramsay at their prime, a younger Joe Allen and a better defence. Unless we can produce another couple of world class players in the near future, our level of expectation should be lowered considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What kind of big sort out do you suggest if Page has no quality to work with ?

This team got as far as the quality in the team would allow. The 2016 vintage had Bale and Ramsay at their prime, a younger Joe Allen and a better defence. Unless we can produce another couple of world class players in the near future, our level of expectation should be lowered considerably.
    Nice to read some realism, we qualify for one tournament, do better than anyone could have expected and, based on some of the post match comments on here tonight, some acquire a sense of entitlement totally out of keeping with what being a Wales fan has been historically - the OPs just a wind up merchant mind.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Disagree,there’s plenty of quality to work with.Page is/was massively out of his depth.
    Where was this quality? It wasn’t on show today.

unlucky Wales, knackered

Naff off ifor you daft nerk

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Not really. Our midfield is a shambles and we're trying to play out from the back with players that aren't good enough. I think Page is a really poor coach but our squad isn't that good outside of Bale and Ramsey. I just hope we have some decent kids coming through

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    unlucky Wales, knackered

Naff off ifor you daft nerk
    Keep reading my posts like you are doing now- you’ll learn something

At least clubs will not be falling over themselves to sign Keiffer Moore.

fecking staggering

A team has qualified for the euros , got out of the group and lost to a very good Denmark side

Robert Page is crap , the players are useless

Its like the living dead on here

Keep reading my posts like you are doing now- you’ll learn something
    now I know why lions kill their young

fecking staggering

A team has qualified for the euros , got out of the group and lost to a very good Denmark side

Robert Page is crap , the players are useless

Its like the living dead on here
    Nothing wrong with criticism, our performance was terrible and if Giggs is found guilty and gets sacked I'd hope we don't go forward with Page as manager. The players were fantastic against Turkey, fortunate to get a point off of the Swiss but sadly were out played today, that was largely down to our ineffective set up and tactics.

No-one has said the players are useless, you are being your usual hyperbolic self.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Nothing wrong with criticism, our performance was terrible and if Giggs is found guilty and gets sacked I'd hope we don't go forward with Page as manager. The players were fantastic against Turkey, fortunate to get a point off of the Swiss but sadly were out played today, that was largely down to our ineffective set up and tactics.

No-one has said the players are useless, you are being your usual hyperbolic self.
    Pathetic display , midfield is a shambles , out of our depth

Ff sake with friends like that who needs enemies

The miserable entitlement ridden attitude of a large number of cardiff city fans is mirrored in the so called support of the national team

We qualified and did really well in 2016

We qualified and didn't do so well in 2021

What do people want ? F3cking Jones Town Massacre ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The 2016 vintage had Bale and Ramsay at their prime, a younger Joe Allen and a better defence. Unless we can produce another couple of world class players in the near future, our level of expectation should be lowered considerably.
    A game too far today but your comments are spot on Welsh football in general has had a golden generation with Wales, City & the Jacks being successful, long may it continue but tempered with realism, as the 30 somethings move on, we’ll have to adapt and find the true level of the future team.

(But I have a feeling that will be after the next World Cup, twice at the Euros but no World Cup opportunity may still tempt Bale & Rambo)

Pathetic display , midfield is a shambles , out of our depth

Ff sake with friends like that who needs enemies

The miserable entitlement ridden attitude of a large number of cardiff city fans is mirrored in the so called support of the national team

We qualified and did really well in 2016

We qualified and didn't do so well in 2021

What do people want ? F3cking Jones Town Massacre ?
    Yeah the midfield is a shambles, can't retain the ball or win it back. Sadly that's what you get with a Luton town backup. I don't know what you expect really, we've just been done 4-0 and had about 3 shots on goal. "So called support" Have a day off mate, I've spent enough money following Wales around and seen some horror shows, I'm grateful we are actually qualifying for tournaments but I won't overlook that performance just cause I used to see us get beat by the Montenegro's of the world

No-one is entitled, I didn't even expect us to get a win at this tournament let alone get out the group stage. I thought Denmark would beat us because frankly they are a much better team, but I expected much better than that. Is that wrong?

lets be honest, Wales are limited in the number of quality players we can pick, always have been, we are unable to put world class players in every position

Team work / team spirit / hard graft / together stronger can only take you so far, 2016 it worked well and got us way further than most expected, it was great

we thought we might have had a few young kids who were going to be world class players, Harry and Brookes being maybe the 2 best, they are just lower 1/2 prem players

lets hope for one last hurrah from the old boys, Bale, Rambo etc etc, Qatar might be a decent trip

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets be honest, Wales are limited in the number of quality players we can pick, always have been, we are unable to put world class players in every position

Team work / team spirit / hard graft / together stronger can only take you so far, 2016 it worked well and got us way further than most expected, it was great

we thought we might have had a few young kids who were going to be world class players, Harry and Brookes being maybe the 2 best, they are just lower 1/2 prem players

lets hope for one last hurrah from the old boys, Bale, Rambo etc etc, Qatar might be a decent trip
    Spot on. I hope that before I die I get to see Wales play in the World Cup Finals. We won’t win our qualifying group. We may not even finish second but the Nations League will give us that play off opportunity. I hope Bale stays to see us through.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nice to read some realism, we qualify for one tournament, do better than anyone could have expected and, based on some of the post match comments on here tonight, some acquire a sense of entitlement totally out of keeping with what being a Wales fan has been historically - the OPs just a wind up merchant mind.
    I think the future is bright for Cymru football.

Many things conspired against us..

- Page WAS out if his depths and had no plan B
    - We were shafted by UEFA in terms of locations for our games
    - the refereeing has been appalling in our games - - Ampadu was a loss... Never a red
    - Moore booked for jumping when his opponent didn't, gets booked and then has to be careful all game
    - the foul on Moore before their second would have been given 99 times out of 100.. the ref was completely out of his depths
    - James has zero protection throughout the tournament

While these seem like excuses I acknowledge last night was overall a poor game for us

However, apart from changing managers, I don't think any of these things point to us needing a complete 'overhaul'... We are punching above our weight and have a wonderful group of players

Bale can still be of great service to Wales... Page git his position wrong.

Ramsey has been good overall... Against Italy and Hungary he showed what a class act he is.

I know everyone is disappointed, but some of the overreacting on here is remarkable.

Some people on here are saying the same thing England fans do and we laugh at them
    For it.
    Hypocrites

Question. Was it a level playing field? I mean Euro 2020?

Take Switzerland.

First game in Baku -
    Second game in Rome -
    Third game in Baku -

Three games in 8 days and 12,140 km travelled - 7587 miles

Take England.

First game in London.
    Second game in London
    Third game in London
    Fourth game in London
    Fifth game in Rome -
    Sixth game in London -
    Seventh game in London. Total distance travelled 2,200 miles in 5 weeks.

Take Denmark.

First game in Copenhagen
    Second game in Copenhagen
    Third game in Copenhagen
    Fourth game in Amsterdam 493 miles

Apart from the first game against the Swiss, Wales played in front of a partisan crowd in all other games. We saw a tired performance yesterday, a lot of tired minds.