+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: BELGIUM 1 - 0 PORTUGAL.

FT: BELGIUM 1 - 0 PORTUGAL.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the first meeting between Belgium and Portugal at a major tournament.
    • Portugal are unbeaten in their past five matches against Belgium across all competitions (W3 D2) since a 3-0 defeat in World Cup qualifying in September 1989.

Belgium

• Belgium have only failed to score in two of their last 58 games under Roberto Martinez.
    • Despite playing just 134 minutes so far, Kevin de Bruyne has been involved in three of Belgium's seven goals at Euro 2020, netting once and providing two assists.
    • Belgium's victory over Finland last time out marked their ninth win at a World Cup and European Championship combined under Roberto Martinez, with the Spaniard now holding the outright managerial record for major tournament wins with the Red Devils.

Portugal

• Portugal have conceded six goals in three games at Euro 2020 so far, already one more than they did at Euro 2016 when they went on to lift the trophy.
    • Portugal have qualified for the knockout stages of the European Championship in third place for the second tournament in a row, also doing so in 2016 before going on to win it.
    • Portugal's return of four points from three group games is the poorest return for a defending champion at a European Championship since Greece in 2008.

Re: BELGIUM v PORTUGAL. ko 8pm

nothing to see here

How many Welsh would have been sent off tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    At least three, and maybe five.

If Pepe was called Harry he would have had an early bath.

Re: FT: BELGIUM 1 - 0 PORTUGAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I had the same thought!

Re: FT: BELGIUM 1 - 0 PORTUGAL.

I think Portugal will be gutted they didn't have more of a go. That Belgium side is very dodgy defensively.

Cracking goal from Hazard, commentators were trying to suggest keeper error. I thought the late movement away would have beaten most keepers.

A player I really don't get is Witsel. I think he's awful, and for me their passing in midfield has noticeably decreased since he got back in the side. Yet he appears to have a massive reputation, maybe I'm missing something.