+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Hughes for Wales manager ?

Mark Hughes for Wales manager ?

Anyone else think he'd be a good appointment until the end of the world cup? Not sure I'd want him long term but I think he'd be great to steady the ship and prime us for a tournament.

He always seemed to do well in his first year or two with teams. Gets teams sorted out defensively, gets a structure in place and keeps things simple. If we want someone to finish off qualifying and set us up for the world cup i think we could do a lot worse.

Re: Mark Hughes for Wales manager ?

No thank you, I’d prefer Jayne Ludlow to him.

Can’t you remember, he drops his goal scorers in must win games, then brings them on with 30 seconds remaining

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Can’t you remember, he drops his goal scorers in must win games, then brings them on with 30 seconds remaining
    I know right.

That still hurts.

One of the most stupid and yet significant decisions for Wales, ever.

Gareth Bale is stepping up ( ssssssssssssh ) its the big news story.

On the right hand side of midfield

... and sticks em out in the wing!

No to Jane Ludlow mind!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Anyone else think he'd be a good appointment until the end of the world cup? Not sure I'd want him long term but I think he'd be great to steady the ship and prime us for a tournament.

He always seemed to do well in his first year or two with teams. Gets teams sorted out defensively, gets a structure in place and keeps things simple. If we want someone to finish off qualifying and set us up for the world cup i think we could do a lot worse.
    Giggs is yet to be found guilty!

Whoever is the Manager needs to pick a team that doesn’t rely on the reputations of Ramsey and Bale. They along with Allan are not the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Giggs is yet to be found guilty!

Whoever is the Manager needs to pick a team that doesn’t rely on the reputations of Ramsey and Bale. They along with Allan are not the future.
    Whoever takes over will have a tough job with the quality of players to work with. Personally, I th8knk Page will be given a run into the next World Cup. If that’s the case, he’s got a tough job on his hands.

I'm not going to rule anyone out but he hasn't done anything notable, in a positive way, since 2015-2016.

Football moves on at such a pace now that it seems impossible we have another Toshack stepping in from the pundit seat to make a positive impact, and even his impact (positive) was limited.

Our budget is restricted but surely someone like Tim Cahill? I think Page is a number 2 really and while we can't move on from Giggs at the moment we need to surround Page with the right staff if we carry on with him in near-future.

Why don’t we bring in Old Boy Roy Hodgson, to guide Robb through International Football.

Old, yes, but a wealth of experience

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post

NOOOOOOOOOO

Mark Hughes for Wrexham?

Would fit in with the Reynolds / McElhenney TV show they are making.