+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meeting with Club Tonight

Meeting with Club Tonight

Just heard on the grapevine that there is a meeting with the club tonight on the subject of season tickets. The Trust, Supporters Club and Disabled Supporters Group are invited. Invite only went out today so not a lot of notice. It will be interesting to hear about what the club's plans are for managing the situation if Season Ticket sales exceed capacity.

First Team

Re: Meeting with Club Tonight

Are we even likely to reach that point?
    Not sure of the current ST position but with the red seats tier available , if needed, then do the club not have more than enough seats to cover anticipated demand.
    A nice problem to have though if there is that concern a# I can remember our average crowds being pitiful that that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Not sure of the current ST position but with the red seats tier available , if needed, then do the club not have more than enough seats to cover anticipated demand.
    A nice problem to have though if there is that concern a# I can remember our average crowds being pitiful that that long ago.

As it stands under Duckford, there will not be enough seats/space, to accommodate all season ticket holders , if they all renew

Hopefully be an update on the Bale transfer. 😁

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As it stands under Duckford, there will not be enough seats/space, to accommodate all season ticket holders , if they all renew
    Of course, I had completely forgotten about the possibility of restrictions being in place.

Back of the class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hopefully be an update on the Bale transfer. ��
    Hopefully!! Hopefully!! I’m fully expecting Gareth to be there, why wouldn’t he? It’s his future and a possible springboard to football immortality. Bloody update ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Not quite sure what you are on about there with the pitiful description. Our average attendance hasn't been under 15000 since 2007/2008 season and in eight of the last eleven seasons (not including 2020/2021 covid) has been over 20000. We sold 14000 season tickets last season when there was little chance of anyone actually going and over 16000 the season before, after relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not quite sure what you are on about there with the pitiful description. Our average attendance hasn't been under 15000 since 2007/2008 season and in eight of the last eleven seasons (not including 2020/2021 covid) has been over 20000. We sold 14000 season tickets last season when there was little chance of anyone actually going and over 16000 the season before, after relegation.
    Surely it all boils down to how you define "not that long ago"? From personal experience, the older you get, the greater the time that term means - you mention 2007/08, well, at my age, you could go back another ten years to 97/98 and I would consider it not that long ago. In 1997/98, our average home league attendance was 3,610 - I'd say that qualifies as pitiful.

First Team

You are quite right in your summary Bob.

However, in fairness to the poster who pulled me up quite what the circumstances of another era have to do with the current position in respect of ticket sales is a complete mystery to me this morning.

I respectfully withdraw.

Did the meeting go ahead?

The meeting went ahead apparently. Limit of 13000 crowd and it looks like a ballot for every game to see who attends. So a straight ballot could mean that one fan could get to see every game and another fan could get to see no games, although statistically that is unlikely. There seem to be a myriad of problems of trying to get a fair system in place. For instance a family of four may normally go, but only two get picked out of the ballot, and one of those who missed out is the the person who drives them all to the game! So a ballot is the easiest way to deal with the issue.

It will also be interesting to see how many season tickets we sell this year. I reckon it will be well down on previous seasons, as some will not want to risk being in crowds and others may have lost interest over last season. So if we had , say, 13000 season ticket every season ticket holder would be able to attend. I believe 1.5 metre social distancing would come in to effect , but the WAG are looking to reduce that to 1 metre. Credit would be given to any fans with a season ticket who miss matches, put towards the following seasons' ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The meeting went ahead apparently. Limit of 13000 crowd and it looks like a ballot for every game to see who attends. So a straight ballot could mean that one fan could get to see every game and another fan could get to see no games, although statistically that is unlikely. There seem to be a myriad of problems of trying to get a fair system in place. For instance a family of four may normally go, but only two get picked out of the ballot, and one of those who missed out is the the person who drives them all to the game! So a ballot is the easiest way to deal with the issue.

It will also be interesting to see how many season tickets we sell this year. I reckon it will be well down on previous seasons, as some will not want to risk being in crowds and others may have lost interest over last season. So if we had , say, 13000 season ticket every season ticket holder would be able to attend. I believe 1.5 metre social distancing would come in to effect , but the WAG are looking to reduce that to 1 metre. Credit would be given to any fans with a season ticket who miss matches, put towards the following seasons' ticket.
    Thanks for this - will people be asked to submit for a ballot for every game or will it rely on people handing back tickets for games they can't go to if its an automatic ballot for every game?

Not ideal for those who share lifts from far-off parts of the country with one other person (like me) but it must be a nightmare for the club to try and adopt any scheme whatsoever in the circumstances. And it would be unfortunate if we can't give up our place to others if we can't make a game.

Don’t understand this given all restrictions are due to be lifted?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

That’s Ingurlund, Duckford hasn’t informed us what his dictatorship is doing

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    That's as it currently stands. Wales is currently still insisting on social distancing, so hopefully by the time the season starts things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not ideal for those who share lifts from far-off parts of the country with one other person (like me) but it must be a nightmare for the club to try and adopt any scheme whatsoever in the circumstances. And it would be unfortunate if we can't give up our place to others if we can't make a game.
    Apparently the club are asking the CCSC and Trust to be involved and come up with a solution. But whatever approach is taken it will not please all people. I suppose ST holders will have priority and there will be no other tickets sold as it stands?

A solution would be to stream the games, to keep people interested.

Sounds a bit awkward. I have two young teens who get season tickets along with myself so there's a chance that i won't get picked in this ballot for a few games but they will?

f**k me you're a drama queen

All roads to be broken up and replaced with single lane dirt tracks ,and astro turf bike lanes

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Thank you I do try to entertain

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's no surprise that the loudest people throwing their toys out of the pram and making dictatorship like references towards the uk governments for the last year or so are from the worst generation to exist.

That's as it currently stands. Wales is currently still insisting on social distancing, so hopefully by the time the season starts things will change.
    Surely Wales won’t be far behind England on the removal of all distancing etc? 19th is the end of it by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    All roads to be broken up and replaced with single lane dirt tracks ,and astro turf bike lanes
    Lytton's (Canada) average June temperature is 24C. Yesterday it was 47.5!

And a thread on "Hotter than the human body can handle: Pakistan city with world’s highest temperatures: https://twitter.com/i/events/1409526197537681412"

Next crisis is already known about and now case of who takes what action.