+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meeting with Club Tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Meeting with Club Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The meeting went ahead apparently. Limit of 13000 crowd and it looks like a ballot for every game to see who attends. So a straight ballot could mean that one fan could get to see every game and another fan could get to see no games, although statistically that is unlikely. There seem to be a myriad of problems of trying to get a fair system in place. For instance a family of four may normally go, but only two get picked out of the ballot, and one of those who missed out is the the person who drives them all to the game! So a ballot is the easiest way to deal with the issue.

It will also be interesting to see how many season tickets we sell this year. I reckon it will be well down on previous seasons, as some will not want to risk being in crowds and others may have lost interest over last season. So if we had , say, 13000 season ticket every season ticket holder would be able to attend. I believe 1.5 metre social distancing would come in to effect , but the WAG are looking to reduce that to 1 metre. Credit would be given to any fans with a season ticket who miss matches, put towards the following seasons' ticket.
    Not ideal for those who share lifts from far-off parts of the country with one other person (like me) but it must be a nightmare for the club to try and adopt any scheme whatsoever in the circumstances. And it would be unfortunate if we can't give up our place to others if we can't make a game.

Re: Meeting with Club Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not ideal for those who share lifts from far-off parts of the country with one other person (like me) but it must be a nightmare for the club to try and adopt any scheme whatsoever in the circumstances. And it would be unfortunate if we can't give up our place to others if we can't make a game.
    Apparently the club are asking the CCSC and Trust to be involved and come up with a solution. But whatever approach is taken it will not please all people. I suppose ST holders will have priority and there will be no other tickets sold as it stands?