+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meeting with Club Tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Meeting with Club Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Are we even likely to reach that point?
    Not sure of the current ST position but with the red seats tier available , if needed, then do the club not have more than enough seats to cover anticipated demand.
    A nice problem to have though if there is that concern a# I can remember our average crowds being pitiful that that long ago.
    Not quite sure what you are on about there with the pitiful description. Our average attendance hasn't been under 15000 since 2007/2008 season and in eight of the last eleven seasons (not including 2020/2021 covid) has been over 20000. We sold 14000 season tickets last season when there was little chance of anyone actually going and over 16000 the season before, after relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not quite sure what you are on about there with the pitiful description. Our average attendance hasn't been under 15000 since 2007/2008 season and in eight of the last eleven seasons (not including 2020/2021 covid) has been over 20000. We sold 14000 season tickets last season when there was little chance of anyone actually going and over 16000 the season before, after relegation.
    Surely it all boils down to how you define "not that long ago"? From personal experience, the older you get, the greater the time that term means - you mention 2007/08, well, at my age, you could go back another ten years to 97/98 and I would consider it not that long ago. In 1997/98, our average home league attendance was 3,610 - I'd say that qualifies as pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surely it all boils down to how you define "not that long ago"? From personal experience, the older you get, the greater the time that term means - you mention 2007/08, well, at my age, you could go back another ten years to 97/98 and I would consider it not that long ago. In 1997/98, our average home league attendance was 3,610 - I'd say that qualifies as pitiful.
    Thanks for getting involved on behalf of the other poster and trying to be clever on his behalf. To most people stating ‘not that long ago’ would certainly involve a period of less than 13 years ago and probably less than 10. I get rather fed up of people continually denigrating the level of our support, especially since we moved to the new stadium, as in my opinion it has been nothing short of excellent. Also, when deciding what is pitiful, surely it has to be taken into account what level the club is competing in - in 1997/1998 we were in the fourth tier (League 3) and struggling badly, so perhaps an average of 3610 was not that bad in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thanks for getting involved on behalf of the other poster and trying to be clever on his behalf. To most people stating ‘not that long ago’ would certainly involve a period of less than 13 years ago and probably less than 10. I get rather fed up of people continually denigrating the level of our support, especially since we moved to the new stadium, as in my opinion it has been nothing short of excellent. Also, when deciding what is pitiful, surely it has to be taken into account what level the club is competing in - in 1997/1998 we were in the fourth tier (League 3) and struggling badly, so perhaps an average of 3610 was not that bad in the circumstances.
    Well that certainly told me - i know now exactly what "not that long ago" means .