+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EMMA HAYES ITV COMMENTATOR

EMMA HAYES ITV COMMENTATOR

She may know her onions football wise, but her constant wittering is driving me nuts. Don't these people realise that less is more, instead of beating your eardrums into submission.

As I said in a previous thread, she sounds like Glenn Hoddle, has the same poor pronunciation as Hoddle and I'm sure like Hoddle believes she's a tactical genius.

Tuerto has the right attitude. Press the mute button or at the very least turn down the sound to its bare minimum.

Re: EMMA HAYES ITV COMMENTATOR

Frigging dreadful.
    Spoilt a classic game.
    Her voice was like chalk on a blackboard

Yes, she did my head in too, with her dreadul cockney accent. Was she on speed on something else illegal as she couldn't shut the feck up?

Useless. Like Danny Dyer on speed.

Far to many experts employed who can barely speak English. Mainly cockneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    She may know her onions football wise, but her constant wittering is driving me nuts. Don't these people realise that less is more, instead of beating your eardrums into submission.

As I said in a previous thread, she sounds like Glenn Hoddle, has the same poor pronunciation as Hoddle and I'm sure like Hoddle believes she's a tactical genius.

Tuerto has the right attitude. Press the mute button or at the very least turn down the sound to its bare minimum.
    No commentator should be allowed to commentate on a football match until they have listened to a hundred hours of Barrie Davies.

StT.
    <><

And what the hell did she mean by "... playing low..."?

she's been about the best in this tournament, although there is a touch of hoddle about her.

what she says actually adds something to the game, a bit of insight into the tactical battle panning out.
    I've listened to Danny Murphy a fair bit this tournament and I'm yet to hear him say anything remotely interesting

The main commentator (whoever he is) drove me to switch the sound off ... again! His voice is awful. Oh and now we've got f***ing Tyldesley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    she's been about the best in this tournament, although there is a touch of hoddle about her.

what she says actually adds something to the game, a bit of insight into the tactical battle panning out.
    I've listened to Danny Murphy a fair bit this tournament and I'm yet to hear him say anything remotely interesting
    Ally mcCoist is the best co commentator

She’s very knowledgable and well prepared but is dominating the commentating way too much. Every action doesn’t need a full technical analysis. Just let the pictures tell the story sometimes. Maybe trying a bit too hard to show she’s worthy of the job.

I’d rather listen to her before many of her male counterparts though.

She was awful, I remember a time when the commentator invited the 'expert' to give some insight, these days the commentator can't get a word in edgeways. BTW, how hard is it to say 'Azpilicueta' properly!

She obviously has a great deal of knowledge about the game and expresses that knowledge very well. But she talks to much, way too much, through the game.
    As for Ally McCoist - he doesn't say much, and long may that continue.

In extra time after Spain went 5-3 up she said that it was all done and dusted and then in the same breath she said that she wouldn't be suprised if Croatia struck back.
    Talk about covering all bases.
    I didn't think she added much tactically that wasn't obvious but she was no worse than Danny Murphy who sends me to sleep.

She obviously knows her stuff,but its only her opinion. Recently football a game played by testosterone fuelled egotistical young men has turned into a nerdy science. Its always whether one team can impose their game over the opposition. Spain were always going to try to push their full backs as high as they could and Croatia were keeping it compact and wait for the mistake.

The problem with her was she spoke so often she often contradicted whatever she said 5 mins earlier.

How come i grew up with a single commentator and never thought i needed someone to tell me what to think. Maybe to tell me what is happening off the ball who is making runs the camera is not picking up.

She talked too much, but do we really need them ?

Tyldesley thinks France v Switzerland is being played in Bucharest FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Tyldesley thinks France v Switzerland is being played in Bucharest FFS!
    You've had a mare son
    It was played in Bucharest

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    She’s very knowledgable and well prepared but is dominating the commentating way too much. Every action doesn’t need a full technical analysis. Just let the pictures tell the story sometimes. Maybe trying a bit too hard to show she’s worthy of the job.

I’d rather listen to her before many of her male counterparts though.
    I agree entirely with your first paragraph. In the end it was a relief when the match ended due to her constant jabbering and analysis of every single situation. No co-commentator, no matter how knowledgeable, should be allowed to dominate in the way she does. A painful experience for most if not all viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    You've had a mare son
    I have haven't I. I thought it would be Budapest as per the group games. Makes me even more annoyed Cardiff don't get a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    She obviously knows her stuff,but its only her opinion. Recently football a game played by testosterone fuelled egotistical young men has turned into a nerdy science. Its always whether one team can impose their game over the opposition. Spain were always going to try to push their full backs as high as they could and Croatia were keeping it compact and wait for the mistake.

The problem with her was she spoke so often she often contradicted whatever she said 5 mins earlier.

How come i grew up with a single commentator and never thought i needed someone to tell me what to think. Maybe to tell me what is happening off the ball who is making runs the camera is not picking up.

She talked too much, but do we really need them ?
    Stats and data analysis have been part of the game for longer than you realise. She is a manager after all, so her insight is going to be much different to the likes of Jenas and Murphy who probably haven't got a coaching badge between them.

She talks way too much and can't pronounce Azpilicueta properly. Sure the insight is nice but it's not needed every minute but if she improves on that I think I'd much rather her than any of Jenas/Murphy etc

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    You've had a mare son
    It was on pretty much every other billboard

Mute button is your friend. Watch the game and reach your own conclusions.

Why do we need Co-Commentators anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Why do we need Co-Commentators anyway?
    Coz Sky got 'em and everyone else should follow their lead coz they're great.

Mute button isn't the answer for me as I like to hear the crowd.

Had to turn it right down today though, she was dreadful as was Tyldesley with his silly motor car metaphors.

Need to offer "crowd noise only" on the red button, thus providing the true match day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

I happen to think that her monotone delivery is absolutely awful. She might be very insightful but you have to make what you are saying sound interesting by using your voice. She has zero intonation and makes everything sound so unbelievably boring.

Btw, almost everyone on Twitter thinks that she is fantastic!