+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans let in at Euros.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Fans let in at Euros.

Spain v Croatia in Denmark

Probably about 15-20000 fans each!

Can't get my head around the fact that no Wales fans were allowed to travel to Holland whilst 15-20000 Danish fans could.

Other games appear to have had a fair amount of supporters from both teams.

UEFA officials and sponsor groups allowed to travel without restriction.

Had Wales played at Wembley, would the fans have been allowed to go to London?

Re: Fans let in at Euros.

We aren't one of the big boys, so we just get the scraps and be thankful for them. UEFA and FIFA are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    We aren't one of the big boys, so we just get the scraps and be thankful for them. UEFA and FIFA are a joke.
    Was it entirely Covid related? The UK including Wales, have had lots of adults double vaccinated, whilst in Europe the process is nowhere close.

No, possibly not, don't think they wanted The Red Wall. Joking aside, would they have done the same to England, France, Germany, Italy or Spain? Couldn't see those Countries travelling half way around Europe without fans.

No, possibly not, don't think they wanted The Red Wall. Joking aside, would they have done the same to England, France, Germany, Italy or Spain? Couldn't see those Countries travelling half way around Europe without fans.
    I can quite easily see them doing that to England to be honest

An excuse to exclude England fans from the continent would more than likely be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    An excuse to exclude England fans from the continent would more than likely be welcomed.
    Football's version of the Eurovision song contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Football's version of the Eurovision song contest.
    Aw c’mon the English Eurovision Firm don’t launch white, plastic patio type chairs around the auditorium

Covid cases today probably give a clue

France 509
    Germany 159
    Croatia 14
    Italy 389
    Ukraine 285
    Spain 3,300
    Switzerland 239
    Czech Republic 57
    UK 23,000

We aren't one of the big boys, so we just get the scraps and be thankful for them.
    And Croatia are?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was it entirely Covid related? The UK including Wales, have had lots of adults double vaccinated, whilst in Europe the process is nowhere close.
    Quite bizarre to see fans of most teams travelling around in there 1000’s, yet the most vaccinated country in Europe isn’t allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

France 509
    Germany 159
    Croatia 14
    Italy 389
    Ukraine 285
    Spain 3,300
    Switzerland 239
    Czech Republic 57
    UK 23,000
    That will be it then, our wonderful government not stopping flights from India soon enough…..honestly, you couldn’t make it up.

France 509
    Germany 159
    Croatia 14
    Italy 389
    Ukraine 285
    Spain 3,300
    Switzerland 239
    Czech Republic 57
    UK 23,000
    Wow ... under reporting in some of Europe (?) or are they in more control of their borders?

Wonder what was the Wales covid cases figure pre-Denmark?

France 509
    Germany 159
    Croatia 14
    Italy 389
    Ukraine 285
    Spain 3,300
    Switzerland 239
    Czech Republic 57
    UK 23,000

There was 1.2 million tests taken that day in the UK. Maybe I am reading the website incorrectly but if you test more you are likely to find more
    https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

Its a daft format and in reality nobody would really want mass transit of people,vaccinated or not. Its very difficult for the EU countries as freedom of movement is such a right that restricting it is difficult for them and much easier to do it to the non EU countries, especially the little unimportant ones.

Anyway its ok as long as you are not in the country for longer than 12 hours as the virus doesn't bother you then

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    There was 1.2 million tests taken that day in the UK. Maybe I am reading the website incorrectly but if you test more you are likely to find more
    https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

Its a daft format and in reality nobody would really want mass transit of people,vaccinated or not. Its very difficult for the EU countries as freedom of movement is such a right that restricting it is difficult for them and much easier to do it to the non EU countries, especially the little unimportant ones.

Anyway its ok as long as you are not in the country for longer than 12 hours as the virus doesn't bother you then
    Italy tested 100 K, France and the USA both just under 400 K the last day we did 1.2 Mill

The Delta is now all around the world, look at Missouri in the US, Delta is now 20% of new cases, doubling every week

this read is interesting

https://apnews.com/article/mo-state-...d56e1ab45890ab

One county in Missouri has a vac rate at just 13% of people.

There didn’t seem to be any masks worn at that Spain game in Copenhagen.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Italy tested 100 K, France and the USA both just under 400 K the last day we did 1.2 Mill

The Delta is now all around the world, look at Missouri in the US, Delta is now 20% of new cases, doubling every week

this read is interesting

https://apnews.com/article/mo-state-...d56e1ab45890ab

One county in Missouri has a vac rate at just 13% of people.
    I cannot believe Australia has only double vaccinated something like 5%? What the hell have they been doing whilst letting no one in?
    Do they think it just won’t arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There didn’t seem to be any masks worn at that Spain game in Copenhagen.
    Apparently masks aren’t compulsory in the Netherlands anymore

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I cannot believe Australia has only double vaccinated something like 5%? What the hell have they been doing whilst letting no one in?
    Do they think it just won’t arrive?
    Our federal government put most of its eggs in the AZ basket but since all the revised medical advice about it they have prioritised Pfizer for the under 60s but have a massive shortfall of supply.

In addition to this people haven't been rushing out to get vaccinated, I think mainly because if there isn't any/many cases around then people just aren't in as much of a rush to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Our federal government put most of its eggs in the AZ basket but since all the revised medical advice about it they have prioritised Pfizer for the under 60s but have a massive shortfall of supply.

In addition to this people haven't been rushing out to get vaccinated, I think mainly because if there isn't any/many cases around then people just aren't in as much of a rush to protect themselves.
    How are all the 1000’s of businesses there surviving without the backpackers? You’d think they vaccinate whilst the borders are shut, I know plenty of people, in fact most I know, who have had AZ all under 50, all still alive and safe from COVID

How are all the 1000’s of businesses there surviving without the backpackers? You’d think they vaccinate whilst the borders are shut, I know plenty of people, in fact most I know, who have had AZ all under 50, all still alive and safe from COVID
    A lot of the businesses in QLD are really struggling, last I heard they are paying people $2000 to relocate and work in the tourism and hospitality places. I'm in Melbourne and the workforce is a lot more diverse so I don't think things are quite as bad here.

A lot of the businesses in QLD are really struggling, last I heard they are paying people $2000 to relocate and work in the tourism and hospitality places. I'm in Melbourne and the workforce is a lot more diverse so I don't think things are quite as bad here.
    I bet they are, diving on the reef was mainly foreigners if I recall, Cairns lives off them, as was trips around the whitsundays. Lots of fruit picking also, something I did in Mildura many moons ago. Melbourne and Sydney more self sufficient cities.

Apparently masks aren’t compulsory in the Netherlands anymore
    My German friend, who lives 10km from the Dutch border, thinks that the Dutch are being ridiculously cavalier about the issue while he and his compatriots are subject to far stricter rules.

England support in Rome?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15415...final-germany/

International

The problem is if you go for a 'zero virus' status you will never be able to open your borders again, and the way the Australian vaccine roll out is going it could be years. The economy and people's lives will be fecked.