Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans let in at Euros.

Re: Fans let in at Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Apparently masks aren’t compulsory in the Netherlands anymore
    That’s nice. What about in Denmark? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The problem is if you go for a 'zero virus' status you will never be able to open your borders again, and the way the Australian vaccine roll out is going it could be years. The economy and people's lives will be fecked.
    I know a few in Sydney and they are worried that they will be in and out of lockdown for years, according to one of them, as Oz has not really had a massive loss of life the vaccine uptake is very low, he said under 5% are double jabbed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I know a few in Sydney and they are worried that they will be in and out of lockdown for years, according to one of them, as Oz has not really had a massive loss of life the vaccine uptake is very low, he said under 5% are double jabbed
    Something will have to give eventually but the new variant is just escaping the very good hotel quarantine system too easily. My biggest issue with the Government here is their lack of consideration from the Victorian (Melbourne) state government (it reminds me of Boris to the devolved governments). The Victorian government has been calling for an army barracks style quarantine facility located away from major populations like the one in Darwin since last year, this is as near to perfect as a quarantine system will get. Having hotels with people infected with highly contagious diseases in the city centre of major cities is just asking for trouble.

Screenshot_20210630-062753_Chrome.jpg

The main reason behind Europe keeping United Kingdom at arms length in recent weeks is the delta variant and the fact the United Kingdom's infection rate per million is the highest by quite some margin and trending up.

It's only a matter of time before other European countries start to see spikes in infection rate due to the delta variant but it's just another indication at how inept the UK government reaction has been to limit this risk.

India was on display to the world's media in its struggle to manage the delta variant. UK placed Pakistan and Bangladesh on a red list but opted to delay the decision on India until late April, by then it was too late. Football aside, I'm so frustrated as not seen my family back in UK since Christmas '19 and this summer seemed like a possible window to return but now it feels like I'll likely have to wait until potentially the Autumn, as cannot see any European country keen on adding UK to their green list.

Stopped being compulsory 2 weeks ago. Apart from standing on public transport...
    (In reply to the Denmark masks question...)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57667163

"Nearly 2,000 Covid cases in Scotland have been linked to people watching Euro 2020 football matches.
    Public Health Scotland said two thirds of the 1,991 cases were people who travelled to London for Scotland's game with England on 18 June.
    This included 397 fans who were inside Wembley for the match."

And we wonder why the rest of Europe is saying "no thanks" to the british fans.