+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket sales / renewals - Available now online

Re: Season ticket sales - Updated 4.30pm Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Because there is a global pandemic on and it wouldn't be the best idea (and be a logistical nightmare) to have hundreds of people queuing outside and inside the stadium with associated risks to themselves and club staff. Everyone has a bluebirds club account and the vast majority now use online accounts. How about everyone just getting on with it and stop moaning.
    Yes , very easy to use , just pass the trick answer of moving the slider back 3£ , without even knowing the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I just did the ST renewal for other family members and it went through like a breeze. The credit available was last seasons ST price less 23 x £10.

Discount taken off the ticket price job done.

Going to try mine again now. See if VT has given my credit back.
    Mike, did you have to login for each family member separately, or did you use the family and friends area and then add them to the basket? From reading instructions i was under the impression each account holder has to get their credit and buy ST individually.

|Spedger

Anyone who negotiates this could probably fly a plane.

Observation: 23 home matches. As it stands, mathematically you cant attend half the matches on a "successful in a ballot so you cant attend the next match because you can't enter the ballot" basis. At best your ST buys 11 home matches. Unless pandemic matters change. And nothing about away matches. Or where Dai Hunt will be sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Mike, did you have to login for each family member separately, or did you use the family and friends area and then add them to the basket? From reading instructions i was under the impression each account holder has to get their credit and buy ST individually.

|Spedger
    I did them separately to make sure each transaction got the appropriate credit

Because there is a global pandemic on and it wouldn't be the best idea (and be a logistical nightmare) to have hundreds of people queuing outside and inside the stadium with associated risks to themselves and club staff. Everyone has a bluebirds club account and the vast majority now use online accounts. How about everyone just getting on with it and stop moaning.
    The renewal window is open for two weeks and the majority will still renew online (if they're able too) so it's baffling they wouldn't open the ticket office for people with issues or who don't use the online ticketing system. If there happened to be a queue it's pretty safe for 40-50 people to queue outside. It's an amateur set up lets be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Yes , very easy to use , just pass the trick answer of moving the slider back 3£ , without even knowing the question.
    That was so annoying, I thought I was going mad trying to sort out my Dad’s. Stop resetting 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The renewal window is open for two weeks and the majority will still renew online (if they're able too) so it's baffling they wouldn't open the ticket office for people with issues or who don't use the online ticketing system. If there happened to be a queue it's pretty safe for 40-50 people to queue outside. It's an amateur set up lets be fair.
    Yep, I'll do it online as will most but not offering the ability to pop along and do it in person is baffling when in a few months there is supposed to be thousands of us descending on the ground again.

Let's be honest, who would really prefer to trek down and there and queue up unless they really had to. It can't be that many.

Primark even seem to manage lengthy queues just fine.

Pandemic is nearing its end, thousands at sporting events this week, thousands milling about the shops but you can't go to your kids sports day or buy a season ticket in person.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    What happens if 200-300 people turn up or more. You cant control how many people arrive at once at a ticket office. They are probably under instruction not to encourage large gatherings inside or outside the stadium. If the didn't have such an advanced ticketing system, we would all be down there now queuing around the stadium as in the ‘old days’ and no doubt people would be moaning about that as well. We live in the 21st century and its not unreasonable to ask people to buy tickets online, especially in the current circumstances. I bet anyone under the age of 35 reading this thread is laughing themselves silly at some of the comments about the ‘inconvenience’ of having to buy online.

This is not a complaint but merely an observation:

The over-60's may or may not have noticed that watching all last season's matches via the official streams may result in them having no credit balance - as the cost of watching the streams was practically the same as watching the games live in Zone 4 season.

What happens if 200-300 people turn up or more. You cant control how many people arrive at once at a ticket office. They are probably under instruction not to encourage large gatherings inside or outside the stadium. If the didn't have such an advanced ticketing system, we would all be down there now queuing around the stadium as in the ‘old days’ and no doubt people would be moaning about that as well. We live in the 21st century and its not unreasonable to ask people to buy tickets online, especially in the current circumstances. I bet anyone under the age of 35 reading this thread is laughing themselves silly at some of the comments about the ‘inconvenience’ of having to buy online.

I agree with your comments, but not every fan has an Email address, by eliminating these fans, the club are alienating them and in the end they may not bother.
    Yes it's the way of the world, but some of the world doesn't move at the same speed.

I believe it's a staffing (wages) issue, rather than a covid issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I agree with your comments, but not every fan has an Email address, by eliminating these fans, the club are alienating them and in the end they may not bother.
    Yes it's the way of the world, but some of the world doesn't move at the same speed.

I believe it's a staffing (wages) issue, rather than a covid issue.
    Fair shout.

Don't walk through St David's centre in the week if you think a 100 people queuing outside is an issue

I think you're missing the point slightly tbh. The vast majority of people (especially all the under 35s you mention) would still renew online. Not having the option for people of a certain age/people with issues with their credits etc to pop down and sort it at some point is still lazy/amateur.

managed to buy 2 season tickets for me and my son, but it wouldn't give me the option of buying an u16 with paying adult ticket at £49 so i've had to pay £109 for his ticket. I dont mind, but its just another example of the shit we have to put up with from the ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

The over-60's may or may not have noticed that watching all last season's matches via the official streams may result in them having no credit balance - as the cost of watching the streams was practically the same as watching the games live in Zone 4 season.
    Point is you didnt even need to watch them all, if you bought the option you were signed up for every game whether you logged in to watch or not. Thats why i didnt bother, i just paid to watch the games i really wanted, considering many were on tv somewhere anyway.

You have a member of staff outside issuing tickets, for an appointment at a certain time, if hundreds turn up.

Not rocket science is it.

Personally I cannot see a major problem with opening 4 ticket booths, within the ticket office

So what you mean is that there should be a box online where every user can manually type in the amount of discount they are entitled to and pay the net amount - yeah right !!! The club would go bankrupt. Plus, are you expecting that you wont pay anything for next seasons ticket ? That will only happen if your credit balance is equal to or greater than next years price, which would appear unlikely. Perhaps the £78 was correct ?
    I think what he means if if it told you how much credit you were entitled to, you could type in how much of it you wanted to use rather than using that stupid slider thing!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Point is you didnt even need to watch them all, if you bought the option you were signed up for every game whether you logged in to watch or not. Thats why i didnt bother, i just paid to watch the games i really wanted, considering many were on tv somewhere anyway.
    Don't think I really understood that at the time, soon did and regretted it really, so many matches on stream I didn't watch all of. Many as you say were then on sky. For the aways there was often a stream when I looked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Maybe so but I think that financially supporting the club in hard times was more important than reducing my personal expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You have a member of staff outside issuing tickets, for an appointment at a certain time, if hundreds turn up.

Not rocket science is it.

Personally I cannot see a major problem with opening 4 ticket booths, within the ticket office
    But … the ticket process is fully automated, so staff cant stand outside issuing tickets. They have to be physically at a terminal to check details, verify identity, take the payment and issue a receipt. Also, taking details outside will cause further delays and longer queues. I appreciate that there are some older people who may be technophobes or not have online access but everyone who has a season ticket has a bluebirds club account and friends/family will help. I myself regularly buy tickets for two other people.

But … the ticket process is fully automated, so staff cant stand outside issuing tickets. They have to be physically at a terminal to check details, verify identity, take the payment and issue a receipt. Also, taking details outside will cause further delays and longer queues. I appreciate that there are some older people who may be technophobes or not have online access but everyone who has a season ticket has a bluebirds club account and friends/family will help. I myself regularly buy tickets for two other people.

Read what I wrote !!!!!!

One person outside issuing tickets (when required)

FOUR windows inside open, I believe there are currently about 6 or 7 windows, so there should be ample distance between booths

4 bits of plastic should be ample, to help

Staff are behind a screen anyway

If you’re worried about 200 or 300 turning up perhaps you’d better think twice about renewing and being in a possible 16,000 crowd. People under 35???? I’ve got a lad of 23 working for me and the information from the club on line is baffling him, he’d rather go down, hand the money over the counter, job done. The pandemic excuse is a load of bollocks now, the club need to look over the retail park to see how Asda, Next etc are coping, or should everyone shop online with them? It is an inconvenience to many to use the online facility, face to face transactions are still popular y’know, witness the shops and supermarkets. Bluetit has hit the nail on the head, the club are too mean to pay for the staff. They should be encouraging fans to pay by any means, they’re a business for God’s sake, they need to act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

It was more...technically, I owe the club (due to a combination of using City Cash...including Leeds cashback....19/20 refund and turning 60 just at the right time. My ST was just over £100). I've checked and good news is I've started with a zero balance rather than negative balance.

Make that four other people then, get mine and Bluetit’s, ya f*cking whizzkid

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Make that four other people then, get mine and Bluetit’s, ya f*cking whizzkid
    Made my day - a 67 year old whizz kid !