+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They can **** off with this!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

They can **** off with this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57667929

Which ****ers at the Council have approved this!? And how do I lodge my disgust?

Re: They can **** off with this!

When I saw the headline I thought it was a bit daft. After reading the article, where it says the building house hmrc and other Uk government departments it makes perfect sense.

It's their building, they can do what they like with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's their building, they can do what they like with it.
    Subject to the permission they applied for.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Subject to the permission they applied for.
    Exactly.

If i were you i'd be more upset about the sausage conflict

We're not even represented on that piece of shit.

I've recently realised I hate this ****ing Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What they don't realise is they are fuelling the independence movement.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    What they don't realise is they are fuelling the independence movement.
    Who is “they?”

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Yes, how much better it would be playing Rhyl in the Cymru Premier

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, how much better it would be playing Rhyl in the Cymru Premier
    There comes a point in life, around about the age of 13 or 14, that you begin to realise some things in life (not many) are more important than Cardiff City FC.

If it’s any conciliation, in the event of emancipation, I’m pretty sure the efl would let us carry on playing in the english lower leagues.

I like it, Wales is part of the union and its a flag I actually like the look of. Maybe they could put a Welsh one there too to please all but it is a UK government building.

Slightly off topic but why did the council think it necessary to put a Welsh flag every few feet down St Mary Street? I love the flag but whenever I walk down there I find it so over the top. Used to think it was left over from the rugby one year but its still there many years later.

Maybe it's to take attention from the lack of upkeep to the exterior of some of the buildings.

Worked well for the European Union with their flags on funded projects and buildings… 😂

I’m not against it, just keep improving the Wales flag representation elsewhere

It's funny how some people are triggered by flags.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's funny how some people are triggered by flags.
    It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

With any luck it'll get vandalised.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

The difference between a swastika flag and the union flag is that they lost!

I think it might be because Brexit highlighted how little people knew about what the EU was doing within the UK.

We've gone past the "magic money tree" line in terms of government spending and now just a case of what the UK government thinks is a priority.

In Wales, for the UK government, the priority is a massive UK flag. It's not the necessary investment into rail networks throughout Wales.

Are you really comparing the Union Jack to the flag of Nazi Germany?

I thought he was just explaining to you why 'some people are triggered by flags'. Seems to have worked!

I'd love to know how you imagine the UK ruling an empire which at one point covered 22% of the world's land mass came about, cups of tea and polite requests?

Zulu syndrome. The Welsh pretending that they weren't involved in expanding the British Empire and sharing in the wealth generated from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Zulu syndrome. The Welsh pretending that they weren't involved in expanding the British Empire and sharing in the wealth generated from it.
    They may have been involved (involuntary I might add) but where is the wealth generated from it? Wales is hardly the economic powerhouse this wealth should surely provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    They may have been involved (involuntary I might add) but where is the wealth generated from it? Wales is hardly the economic powerhouse this wealth should surely provide?
    Have you travelled the world much? Wales may not be the most prosperous part of the UK but most countries in the world are far poorer. It is disingenuous to imagine that Each component part of the UK didn't benefit from the wealth generated from the British Empire.