+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They can **** off with this!

They can **** off with this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57667929

Which ****ers at the Council have approved this!? And how do I lodge my disgust?

Re: They can **** off with this!

When I saw the headline I thought it was a bit daft. After reading the article, where it says the building house hmrc and other Uk government departments it makes perfect sense.

It's their building, they can do what they like with it.

If i were you i'd be more upset about the sausage conflict

We're not even represented on that piece of shit.

I've recently realised I hate this ****ing Union.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's their building, they can do what they like with it.
    Subject to the permission they applied for.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Subject to the permission they applied for.
    Exactly.

I like it, Wales is part of the union and its a flag I actually like the look of. Maybe they could put a Welsh one there too to please all but it is a UK government building.

Slightly off topic but why did the council think it necessary to put a Welsh flag every few feet down St Mary Street? I love the flag but whenever I walk down there I find it so over the top. Used to think it was left over from the rugby one year but its still there many years later.

Maybe it's to take attention from the lack of upkeep to the exterior of some of the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I've recently realised I hate this ****ing Union.
    What they don't realise is they are fuelling the independence movement.

Worked well for the European Union with their flags on funded projects and buildings… 😂

I’m not against it, just keep improving the Wales flag representation elsewhere

It's funny how some people are triggered by flags.

I’d love to have so little going on in my life so that I could get upset over a flag on a government building

4000 jobs ,any flag will do, perhaps if we protest enough they will close the building and move it up North .

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I’d love to have so little going on in my life so that I could get upset over a flag on a government building
    you get upset over a bag of air getting kicked into a net, I wouldn't climb too high on that horse

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's funny how some people are triggered by flags.
    It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

With any luck it'll get vandalised.

I really can't see the point to it. A flag on an Embassy abroad, Yes, a flag on an office of the country that it's in-Why? And to add balance, i'd feel the same if it was a welsh flag.

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    you get upset over a bag of air getting kicked into a net, I wouldn't climb too high on that horse
    Unless it'[s the opposition net, the he gets upset if the bag of air isn't kicked into it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's the same flag they brandished when conquering and plundering half of the globe. Maybe that's the beef (butcher's apron pun intended) some people have with it.

That's like saying " what's the fuss with people walking around with a swastika flag? it's only a piece of material after all"

With any luck it'll get vandalised.
    The difference between a swastika flag and the union flag is that they lost!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    4000 jobs ,any flag will do, perhaps if we protest enough they will close the building and move it up North .
    Yup, that's the obvious trade off.....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes let’s reduce everyone’s hobbies down to their simple form and point out how ridiculous they are!

Unless OP has some attachment to the HMRC building I don’t get why it bothers him in the slightest

I think it might be because Brexit highlighted how little people knew about what the EU was doing within the UK.

We've gone past the "magic money tree" line in terms of government spending and now just a case of what the UK government thinks is a priority.

In Wales, for the UK government, the priority is a massive UK flag. It's not the necessary investment into rail networks throughout Wales.

A lot of wannabee English types on here

Great Britain and all that

I say shove it

If it were the only HMRC building in the UK it might be argued that it could be a union jack

But putting that thing up in the middle of central square as people come off the train ?

Cobblers , may as well put a statue of thatcher up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A lot of wannabee English types on here

Great Britain and all that

I say shove it

If it were the only HMRC building in the UK it might be argued that it could be a union jack

But putting that thing up in the middle of central square as people come off the train ?

Cobblers , may as well put a statue of thatcher up
    Perhaps we should tell them to shove all their UK based buildings and organisations that provide so many jobs below are a few:
    ONS.
    Patent Office.
    DVLA.
    Companies House .
    And a few more goverment subsideries organisations.

Are they all potentially Thatcherism organisations, if so let's pull them down now before the flags rock up.

We don't need this Britishness in Wales .