+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: They can **** off with this!

Re: They can **** off with this!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Jamie Wallis (Bridgend MP): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Wallis
    Very dodgy chap . If labour bring up his past and put it on the table he won't be tory mp for Bridgend at the election .

Lot of whispers about this fella

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Very dodgy chap . If labour bring up his past and put it on the table he won't be tory mp for Bridgend at the election .

Lot of whispers about this fella
    If Labour bring up anything that sounds dodgy or lurid then i expect this bloke to have a very successful career. His boss has been getting away with it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Matt, how could an EU flag be emblazoned on a Tax Office? It's known as the inland revenue.
    makes me laugh the people getting triggered over the union flag are some of the same who wanted to stay in the EU

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    makes me laugh the people getting triggered over the union flag are some of the same who wanted to stay in the EU
    I sort of understand, I hate the EU, but probably for different reasons to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My comment was about economic benefits reaped and nothing at all about perceptions about cultural superiority of any description. In fact, I like to debunk such concepts and do so regularly on here. Many bad things did indeed take place in the name of the British Empire and I have not suggested otherwise and nor am I an apologist for such nationalistic propaganda. I am strongly anti-royalist and detest jingoism and the whitewashing of history so I think you may be on the wrong horse, if I may say. I simply think that Welsh people divorcing themselves from their participation in the British Empire is selective nationalistic cherry-picking in itself. I can accept that you may have a different take on things and I will respect your view, of course.
    The flag is a questionable symbol. That is all I said.

I think it is worth remembering that we are a colonised nation in the same way that combined kingdoms of Nigeria were.

North Yorkshire is not a nation that has been colonised. They are the colonisers essentially.

Saying the welsh are complicit is a big shout imo , even if we took part in some small way. I for one am willing to forgive my forefathers....

I still don’t want the flag though.

...and I don't swallow the common wealth crap. Just imagine being able to siphon money and natural resources from a country, leave it with massive unemployment and on top of it , have them think you did them a favour.

That is what the link was in reference to. The colonial mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Who is “they?”
    The Tories

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I've recently realised I hate this ****ing Union.
    Yes, how much better it would be playing Rhyl in the Cymru Premier

The contrived Union Flag fetish at the moment all feels a bit cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The contrived Union Flag fetish at the moment all feels a bit cringeworthy.
    All a bit American for my liking. Never used to see flags in the background before. It was quite funny when celebrities were interviewed at home during lockdowns, making sure they were always filmed in front of a bookcase full of books showing how learned they were.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, how much better it would be playing Rhyl in the Cymru Premier
    There comes a point in life, around about the age of 13 or 14, that you begin to realise some things in life (not many) are more important than Cardiff City FC.

If it’s any conciliation, in the event of emancipation, I’m pretty sure the efl would let us carry on playing in the english lower leagues.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    All a bit American for my liking. Never used to see flags in the background before. It was quite funny when celebrities were interviewed at home during lockdowns, making sure they were always filmed in front of a bookcase full of books showing how learned they were.
    Yeah, but you know its a set up when all the books are in alphabetical order

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are your CDs in alphabetical order by band name / artist surname? Or is such order but in sections relating to genre? I am of the former variety.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Its hardly uncommon to keep books/CDs etc in alphabetical order

The ones I found funniest were the people who hauled flag poles into their living rooms to show how patriotic they are

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its hardly uncommon to keep books/CDs etc in alphabetical order

The ones I found funniest were the people who hauled flag poles into their living rooms to show how patriotic they are
    The woman with the dildo on the bookcase behind her takes first prize though, a flag pole minus a flag

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    On another view of it - Surely this is good for the independence supporters as people would subconsciously associate the Union Jack and Britain with taxes
    Agree completely. And while his 'culture wars' are working for him in working class England, in Wales it seems to be going down less well. Thanks Boris!

I'm English and the Welsh flash should be on those offices.