+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin update

Bitcoin update

Morgan Stanley just made a massive investment in Bitcoin through Greyscale. SEC filing.
    They are acting on their clients investment demands.

This while the UK have decided cryptocurrencies are NOT currencies but assets.
    They have sneakily started calling them cryptoassets so they can charge capital gains tax on profits.
    HMRC recently quietly published new rules.

So the new Chinese digital Yuan is in fact not a currency but a cryptoasset.

How the hell are they going to regulate thousands of cryptocurrencies and tokens?

If they make it difficult to invest via their banks they will over time only make them more in demand.

Disclosure. I have no investment in Bitcoin.

Re: Bitcoin update

I didn't think it was possible, not in my lifetime anyway.

+49.6°C in Canada Flag of Canada That is 121°F!

This is the story of the Canadian heat record that was crushed on 3 consecutive days by an unfathomable margin of +4.6°C (+8°F).

This moment will be talked about for centuries.

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/st...97020912742404
    Once again: heat records are usually broken by tenths of a degree - not 4.6°C.
    We're in a climate emergency that has never once been treated as an emergency.

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/st...40601451008000
    That's bitcoin for you.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That's bitcoin for you.
    Again this is fing boring, its arbitrary and means nothing. 2/3 of ALL electricity is wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Again this is fing boring, its arbitrary and means nothing. 2/3 of ALL electricity is wasted!
    So true.
    In fact much more electricity is going to waste now in China where small hydro plants are being sold off cheap.

Regarding the Regulators..... (wherever they are).... what they really should be worried about is the stablecoins. So under the radar that almost nobody understands what they are. 🤣🤣🤣