+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson takes a leathering, but he'll probably have an increased majority this time tomorrow.

Johnson takes a leathering, but he'll probably have an increased majority this time tomorrow.

I watched PMQs yesterday thinking Starmer's slaughtering Johnson here (the PM was pathetic) while at the same time thinking that as I've never ever been impressed by Johnson when he speaks in public (I think he's absolutely dreadful), I'm clearly biased.

However, as far as I'm aware, the London Evening Standard is a right leaning paper, a natural supporter of the Conservative party and yet their political sketch writer clearly agrees with me when it comes to yesterday's PMQs at least;-

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...m-b943483.html

The thing is though, it will make no difference as to how Starmer and Johnson are perceived by the public whatsoever and with Labour sources putting their chances of winning today's by election as about five per cent, Johnson majority will, almost certainly, have returned to where it was before the Chesham loss.

I still struggle to see what else is behind the Conservative's surge in the north other than the obvious reason. In the end, it seems to come down to Brexit (I think that was a prime mover behind the Chesham result as well). In this article;-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ley-byelection

the lady who is going to switch to the Conservatives lists a few local issues which she blames Labour councils for, but, as always, with local Government, what they have to spend is dictated by central Government and the same party have been in power (albeit with another party for the first five years) for over eleven years now - why is it that central Government is not being blamed by people who think their lives are shit? The vaccine feelgood factor helps of course, but that wasn't around in 2019 - Brexit was though.

Re: Johnson takes a leathering, but he'll probably have an increased majority this time tomorrow.

I think we would have to live and breath these areas to fully understand the dynamics and really understand what has happened to core Labour voting in these alleged red wall areas , your right though I'm sure Brexit and being British played a part in the trend and still does , however there is more at play .

As to Boris appeal all I can say its a thing , and why the working class see's the Tories as an option is an even deeper issue that Labour seriously consider .

Labour though now are more likely to gain middle class liberal voters in bigger urban areas with a huge diversity of voters , those areas with large diversity and poverty are the risk areas , buy hey we've and Labour have known this for some time .

Before Brexit the Tories were wining elections and only the Blair project turned that on it head and in my view Labour imploded after Blair politics were abandoned , interestingly though I do wonder if Blair the European fan would have survived Brexit ??

Re: Johnson takes a leathering, but he'll probably have an increased majority this time tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think we would have to live and breath these areas to fully understand the dynamics and really understand what has happened to core Labour voting in these alleged red wall areas , your right though I'm sure Brexit and being British played a part in the trend and still does , however there is more at play .

As to Boris appeal all I can say its a thing , and why the working class see's the Tories as an option is an even deeper issue that Labour seriously consider .

Labour though now are more likely to gain middle class liberal voters in bigger urban areas with a huge diversity of voters , those areas with large diversity and poverty are the risk areas , buy hey we've and Labour have known this for some time .

Before Brexit the Tories were wining elections and only the Blair project turned that on it head and in my view Labour imploded after Blair politics were abandoned , interestingly though I do wonder if Blair the European fan would have survived Brexit ??
    Which Blair project?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Which Blair project?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Which Blair project?

Tony Blair Witch Project.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The Blair project (witch ) won 3 elections.

Turns out the 5 per cent chance came through - Labour retained the seat with a majority of just over three hundred, despite George Galloway polling over eight thousand votes.

Don't think there's a chance of this happening, but will this result cause people who call themselves Labour supporters to be able to answer the latter when asked the question what is your main priority at the moment, continuing to bash others within your party or doing your utmost to try to bring about a change of Government?

Great win pleased for the sister of Joe Cox must have been an emotional evening .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for getting the joke.....

talking of humour

https://www.bitchute.com/video/YclPPN8kADGv/

but the truth is marching on ..................

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    talking of humour

https://www.bitchute.com/video/YclPPN8kADGv/

but the truth is marching on ..................
    There isn't half some rubbish on the net.......