Thread: Jacks New Kit

Jacks New Kit

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swa...2021-22-season

Fair play, they are class. Jealous.

Re: Jacks New Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post

I suspect that if we had the same style in our colours people would have moaned - seems to be the theme on here

Why would any Cardiff fan be jealous of a Jacks kit.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why would any Cardiff fan be jealous of a Jacks kit.?
    Because it looks good - and we will likely have some shitty last season adidas template again..

What is it about their forthcoming kit that you feel is such an improvement on what they've had before, is it the feature of black or maybe it's the white?

Didn't they go from 1st division to 4th division in consecutive seasons, during the period of wearing that kit 🤣🤣
    History has a habit of repeating itself

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    What is it about their forthcoming kit that you feel is such an improvement on what they've had before, is it the feature of black or maybe it's the white?
    It's actually the subtle two tone pinstripe, that reminds me of our Scoreline kits from the eighties.. the sponsor looks neat and inoffensive, really nice collar and the sleeves are mid length, quite continental and also has shades of that England shirt Lineker shit himself in - which was a classic shirt.

Because it looks good - and we will likely have some shitty last season adidas template again..
    But that’s just a Joma template?

I get that it’s ‘different’ but it ain’t all that

I would love it to be commissioned to a welsh designer and producer. We have a few famous ones but it’s easier to pick off the shelf

Tastes are changing. Craft ale. Craft food. Why not craft football?

Get Tiny Rebel on tap, get rid of the identikit branding and merch and bring in bespoke football shirts, and capture the identity of why people choose Cardiff over a top 4 side.

Think of it as revenue generating and stop concentrating on cost cutting.

I can dream

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I would love it to be commissioned to a welsh designer and producer. We have a few famous ones but it’s easier to pick off the shelf
    Will be interesting to see what Napoli/Armani come up with...

I thought their 2nd strip was a nice colour last year….which was a little upsetting.

If I was a swansea fan I'd be impressed with that.
    Retro badge, and the kit is late 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    If I was a swansea fan I'd be impressed with that.
    Retro badge, and the kit is late 80s
    I don't much like the collar, looks like it's trying to strangle you and would itch.

Apart from that's it 'ok'.

The black kit is pretty decent, apart from the badge.

I like the badge. Not the two tone kit. It should be white, not grey looking

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Tastes are changing. Craft ale. Craft food. Why not craft football?

Get Tiny Rebel on tap, get rid of the identikit branding and merch and bring in bespoke football shirts, and capture the identity of why people choose Cardiff over a top 4 side.

Think of it as revenue generating and stop concentrating on cost cutting.

I can dream
    That would require hard work and an ounce of common sense. It ain't gonna happen

Am I getting old, as celebrating something that happened only 40 years ago, in a badge and kit design, seems a bit silly to me.

The classic bluebirds badge for me has still not been restored , we have that stupid squiggly dragon on it

Worst badge was hammans , dreadful

Gave all my old city shirts to the homeless years ago , wouldn't wear one now but always give an ayatollah to anyone young or old wearing one

It's actually the subtle two tone pinstripe, that reminds me of our Scoreline kits from the eighties.. the sponsor looks neat and inoffensive, really nice collar and the sleeves are mid length, quite continental and also has shades of that England shirt Lineker shit himself in - which was a classic shirt.
    Yup, agree. Like it.

Credit should be given for having main sponsor as local University rather than gambling company which I'm sure so many other clubs will go for.

Irrespective of team, that's horrible.

I enjoy looking at the new strips as they are released regardless of club. I think is average looking, really. I don't think anyone will remember that strip in 20 years time, unless they have a remarkable season...

Liked the Owl at Wednesday, Wolves and Ram at Derby , very distinctive

Wednesday have gone back to an old design , its looks like it was done by an alcoholic

Retro tops from the 90’s seem very popular - scaggs an all.

I don’t, it looks like a white swansea kit, so it’s just shiiiiiit whatever

International

Who gives a shit about the jacks' kit? really??

When we were kids, even as adults, playing against teams with expensive looking kits, usually the posh kids with a rich sponsor, it made us ragged arse rovers types raise our game to want to stuff 'em.
    You could put yourself about a bit in them days so they usually "had it" so to speak.

I will never forget that famous Sunday tea time kick off against Leeds.
    The superstars strutted out in their whiter than white tops, shorts and socks thinking they were chocolate.
    We all know what happened after that!

If the unlikely event that the JB's kit is "all that" to the opposition, here's to a similar outcome.