+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson

Harry Wilson

Being linked with Benfica, Brentford and Fulham.
    I hope it’s Benfica out of that list (if he’s not coming back to us). It would be much better for his development and for Wales.

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I hope it’s Benfica out of that list (if he’s not coming back to us). It would be much better for his development and for Wales.
    As long as he's prepared to put the work in, i get the lmpression that at times, he's not interested.

1.5m reported is a bargain for anyone, although if bet it will be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    1.5m reported is a bargain for anyone, although if bet it will be higher.
    Aren't Liverpool demanding £12m? The list of interested clubs would be a lot longer if he was going for £1.5m

Isn’t the £1.5m the value of the bid that Newcastle have lodged for Dion Sanderson?

I respect players getting paid but at what point should they factor in that picking a club where they'll improve the most leads to a bigger pay-day?

Fulham might be the best paying contract but Benfica or Brentford would surely push him on more.

Liverpool, and big clubs, hoarding players isn't good for them as individuals or football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    ...Liverpool, and big clubs, hoarding players isn't good for them as individuals or football in general.
    You are right. This loan system, although it has helped us in the past, is not a good thing for football and should be regulated better.

Liverpool demanding £12m for a player for a season is obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I respect players getting paid but at what point should they factor in that picking a club where they'll improve the most leads to a bigger pay-day?

Fulham might be the best paying contract but Benfica or Brentford would surely push him on more...
    You mean a bit like Cardiff City did for him?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You are right. This loan system, although it has helped us in the past, is not a good thing for football and should be regulated better.

Liverpool demanding £12m for a player for a season is obscene.
    £12m is to buy him, not loan him!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    £12m is to buy him, not loan him!
    Oh.
    I suppose one should reach for ones coat!

He didn't have too bad a season with us but 12 mil is an awful lot to be asking.

This is where picking the loan club to suit your career and not just for the money is key, though not sure how much say he had in the deal.

Difficult to know what price tag to put on him but I'd say half of that might be a more realistic valuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As long as he's prepared to put the work in, i get the lmpression that at times, he's not interested.
    To be fair Benfica do have Adel Taarabt playing for them so the level of work rate expected is probably quite low.

But I'd agree that Portugal could be a good move for him. That Scottish winger Ryan Gauld went out to play with Sporting then Farense and has really flourished there. I've not seen an awful lot of him play but he looks to be a similar type of player to Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Oh.
    I suppose one should reach for ones coat!

He didn't have too bad a season with us but 12 mil is an awful lot to be asking.

This is where picking the loan club to suit your career and not just for the money is key, though not sure how much say he had in the deal.

Difficult to know what price tag to put on him but I'd say half of that might be a more realistic valuation.
    I'd say 12 m is a fair price for Wilson.
    has proven to be amongst the best players at this level and is still young

I'm not sure about that if he's got the opportunity to play for a team in the Premier League. The overall standard of the Primeira Liga in Portugal is pretty similar to the Championship.

He’d be daft to go to Fulham who ruin players consistently and Brentford might not stay there long.
    At his stage ,going abroad would probably be a one way ticket to obscurity so he’d be much better finding a stable premiership team or coming back here at least till it becomes clear as to whether we’ve still got any serious ambition of the top division.
    That’s possible if Liverpool extend his contract rather than selling him cheap.
    I can well see him being included as a makeweight deal for someone like Harry Kane though .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He’d be daft to go to Fulham who ruin players consistently and Brentford might not stay there long.
    At his stage ,going abroad would probably be a one way ticket to obscurity so he’d be much better finding a stable premiership team or coming back here at least till it becomes clear as to whether we’ve still got any serious ambition of the top division.
    I can well see him being included as a makeweight deal for someone like Harry Kane though .
    Is he a premiership player ?? are we more emotional about his talent as he's Welsh and played for us ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is he a premiership player ?? are we more emotional about his talent as he's Welsh and played for us ??
    I'd say he was.
    Was one of the better attacking midfielders in the league last season in a side that didn't play much football. He'd do very well at Brentford.

I wouldn't say any of those options are terrible.
    There are a lot of Wales players who need to drop a level to ensure get game time, I'd say probably about 80% of them seem to be at the wrong level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd say he was.
    Was one of the better attacking midfielders in the league last season in a side that didn't play much football. He'd do very well at Brentford.
    I think this is his best option, it would be the best fit for his style.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure about that if he's got the opportunity to play for a team in the Premier League. The overall standard of the Primeira Liga in Portugal is pretty similar to the Championship.
    Benfica would offer European football and he’d be towards the top of the table, rather than in a potential relegation fight with Brentford.

I know which one would prepare him better for potentially playing at the World Cup next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I wouldn't say any of those options are terrible.
    There are a lot of Wales players who need to drop a level to ensure get game time, I'd say probably about 80% of them seem to be at the wrong level.
    I think Welsh players need to be careful about the clubs/projects they join but recognise element of luck to it as well: Chris Mepham joined Bournemouth at the wrong time but it now might become a good club for him with Parker replacing Howe and assistant who never focused on the defence.

But the wrong level? Vast majority are at the right level or lower than they should be in order to get game time already.

Harry Wilson has consistently been one of the best midfielders in the Championship - I don't think you can ignore how bad our season was last year which still goes back to Warnock's awful final transfers. He deserves his chance to step up and make Premier League football his playground.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    How would going to play for Benfica be a one way ticket to obscurity?

Isn’t the £1.5m the value of the bid that Newcastle have lodged for Dion Sanderson?
    Yes apologies, I thought it was odd.
    Wales Onlines headline confused me, didn't read it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    How would going to play for Benfica be a one way ticket to obscurity?
    Exactly. Playing Champions League football for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, or trundling along for a mid-sized team in the lower half of the Prem/top half of the Championship?

According to Transfermarkt, his contract with Liverpool has 2 years to run, so maybe we’ve got a chance of getting him back on loan.
    Obviously, he’ll have to compete with Bale for a spot in the team…

Swansea after him on loan now as well apparently