Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Problem is that the right wing faction of the labour party are almost as bad as the tories is some respects. I understand what you're saying, but if a person is truly left wing, then how can they align themselves to right wing policies and thinking. I know that i can't. Another thing, it's always the left that are attacked for allowing the Tories free reign, hardly ever the right. The sad thing is that as people get older they seem to become more right wing and treat real left wing politics as some kind of fantasy, only believed by idealists, young students and old farts like me. It speaks volumes when i get ridiculed by some people for wanting a fairer society. That's how low political opinion has dropped, and in my opinion, Blair shoulders plenty of blame for that. So, in short, Parliamentary Labour can go and whistle.
That’s why I tried to put over that Mandelson is as bad as Diane Abbott (in fact, I think he’s worse), but they’re both part of what is Labour’s problem - they’ve had it throughout my life and probably well before that, but they’ve been able to cope with it better for much of that time. I want this dreadful Government out and that’s far more important to me than dissing whichever wing of the Labour Party I don’t agree with - the impression I get is that large numbers in the Labour Party don’t feel like that because they don’t see the Conservative party as the real “enemy”.