+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marco Silva is new Fulham boss

Marco Silva is new Fulham boss

All Championship clubs have a manger (for now).

The 43-year-old Portuguese has signed a three-year contract and succeeds Scott Parker, who left on Monday to take over at Bournemouth.

Former Fulham star Luis Boa Morte has returned to the club as assistant boss.

Silva first came to England to manage Hull City in January 2017 and has also had spells in charge at Sporting Lisbon and Olympiakos.

"I'm really pleased and proud to be appointed head coach of such a historic football club," said Silva, who began his managerial career at Estoril.

"I'm excited to get started and my message for our fans ahead of this big challenge is we will all be working very hard together to be successful so they can feel proud at the end of the season."

Re: Marco Silva is new Fulham boss

It's strange for a club with the advantage of a London post-code and parachute payments go with a manager whose reputation has been damaged and is looking to regain some momentum.

Has rat boy Reid asked for a transfer yet?
    Probably not, he’ll be arranging that through his agent I expect.

Strange choice. Never did anything of any note in English football apart from having no more then a run of form with Hull and Watford.