+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vassell

Vassell

97% of fans want to keep him???? According to a Walesonline survey.

Really.? I doubt with his injury record anyone will come in but if they did and I mean on a free we let him go.

Re: Vassell

Cruelly, I have an image in my head of Vassell spending endless hours online frantically voting with his keyboard......

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cruelly, I have an image in my head of Vassell spending endless hours online frantically voting with his keyboard......
    In this day and age, you can download 'BOT' apps, which can do all the voting for you.

This season is now or never for him really. Considering the club paid a few million for him and I think he’s still under contract for a season or two aswell, could be like having a new signing so he has to go for it.
    If he goes down again long term though then time to hang up his boots and let the insurance sort it out as he really is in the last chance saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In this day and age, you can download 'BOT' apps, which can do all the voting for you.
    Not such an amusing scenario perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    This season is now or never for him really. Considering the club paid a few million for him and I think he’s still under contract for a season or two aswell, could be like having a new signing so he has to go for it.
    If he goes down again long term though then time to hang up his boots and let the insurance sort it out as he really is in the last chance saloon.

He could end up either over the moon or sick as a parrot.

😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    😂😂
    Sidelined for a season with repetitive strain injury of the index finger.

He signed in Aug 2019 until July 2022. Apparently he cost £3m according to reports at the time.

StT.
    <><

Not such an amusing scenario perhaps.
    I take your point.

Bluebirds supporters were clear on what they thought of Aden Flint, Isaac Vassell with that trio gaining the highest percentage of 'keep' votes at 95% or higher.
    Do we think they missed a player out of this sentence or used trio when meaning duo?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    He signed in Aug 2019 until July 2022. Apparently he cost £3m according to reports at the time.

StT.
    <><
    Thats a bit different to what I remember. Transfermarket have the fee at £1.98m but they think that Moore is now worth £4.5m, Nelson over £3m, Bacuna £2.7m and Colwill only £450000, so they are hardly reliable. From what I recall, the fee was undisclosed but was less than quoted and fair part of it was structured on a ‘pay as he plays’ basis, bearing in mind his serious injury problems at Birmingham and the fact he wasn't fit when he arrived. I would be very surprised if Birmingham have received over £1m.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats a bit different to what I remember. Transfermarket have the fee at £1.98m but they think that Moore is now worth £4.5m, Nelson over £3m, Bacuna £2.7m and Colwill only £450000, so they are hardly reliable. From what I recall, the fee was undisclosed but was less than quoted and fair part of it was structured on a ‘pay as he plays’ basis, bearing in mind his serious injury problems at Birmingham and the fact he wasn't fit when he arrived. I would be very surprised if Birmingham have received over £1m.

Even if it was £1m that was still way over-priced for a player with his injury record. To then offer the player a 3 yr contract was far from prudent. Another corker from the Tan-led Transfer Committee.

StT.
    <><

Luton want him back and that’s the best thing for all.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Do we think they missed a player out of this sentence or used trio when meaning duo?
    Tomlin counts as two.

Even if it was £1m that was still way over-priced for a player with his injury record. To then offer the player a 3 yr contract was far from prudent. Another corker from the Tan-led Transfer Committee.

StT.
    <><
    Nothing to do with putting trust in the managers choices?
    Tan and the commitee get stick for the signing but if Vassell had been a great success then the praise would go to Warnock

I'm really hoping he has an injury free season for us. If he can and gets 10/12 goals i'd be over the moon for the lad he deserves some good luck

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm really hoping he has an injury free season for us. If he can and gets 10/12 goals i'd be over the moon for the lad he deserves some good luck
    If he is injury free at the start of the season it will not be for long. On his past record he won't make it past the pre season friendlies without getting injured. If he got 10 goals for us next season many Cardiff fans would die of shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    If he is injury free at the start of the season it will not be for long. On his past record he won't make it past the pre season friendlies without getting injured. If he got 10 goals for us next season many Cardiff fans would die of shock.
    I'll remain positive

Nice to hear can't be easy for him , he must want to play . Hopefully it happens for the lad .

StT.
    <><
    It's in the nature of things that buying clubs want to have any fee they paid reported as high as possible and then, if the buy turns into a flop, you start hearing various riders to what was originally reported.

As for 97 per cent wanting Vassell to stay, the only way that makes any sense to me is if there is a belief that there's no point trying to get rid of him because no one will touch him with a barge pole.

That said, it would be such a bonus if he were able to have a full season and make contribution for the team, but what are the chances of that happening? I think it's safe to say that he was considered a risky signing two years ago because of his injury record and there's been nothing happen since then to even hint at the fears expressed by many at the time being misguided has there.

StT.
    <><
    How many Championship or above centre forwards in this country have you seen being bought for less than £1m in the last three or four years. They are like gold dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    97% of fans want to keep him???? According to a Walesonline survey.

Really.? I doubt with his injury record anyone will come in but if they did and I mean on a free we let him go.
    I'm amazed that 97% of our fans remember he is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I'm amazed that 97% of our fans remember he is still here.
    I’m amazed that enough people could be bothered to vote for there to be a 97%.
    I wonder how many Swansea fans hijacked it.