+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic sold for £10.5m

Grujic sold for £10.5m

I know it was suggested on here about a week ago, but our former loan signing has joined FC Porto from Liverpool for £10.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887122

It goes to show some clubs still have money to spend, albeit not a huge amount for leading European club. Most of the Championship clubs seem top be relying on out of contract players and loan signings, along with reducing wages bills.

Re: Grujic sold for £10.5m

It was a very successful loan spell with us-hope this works out for him.

He’s no world beater in my opinion

Think £10m is actually quite expensive but I’m not a football professional

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    It was a very successful loan spell with us-hope this works out for him.
    it wasn't that successful, he only played 13 league games

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it wasn't that successful, he only played 13 league games
    I beg to differ there. Joined us after that wobble of 4 straight loses around Xmas.
    Then was a starter in the games in the 12 games we went unbeaten - winning 8 straight on the way to promotion.
    Got injured missed the Wolves game and wasn’t really fit enough to feature in the run in - what more of a positive influence could he have made?

Didnt look anywhere near worth that while with us. An ok loan signing.

I beg to differ there. Joined us after that wobble of 4 straight loses around Xmas.
    Then was a starter in the games in the 12 games we went unbeaten - winning 8 straight on the way to promotion.
    Got injured missed the Wolves game and wasn’t really fit enough to feature in the run in - what more of a positive influence could he have made?
    I like him as a player - just not sure you can say it was a "Very successful" loan spell when he only played 984 minutes for us.

He was also subbed at half time in the Ipswich game and then left on the bench against Bristol in the winning run. Played a full 90 minutes the game after the wolves one (which we lost to Villa) then didn't get off the bench after that.

Would have loved him back as you could see he had quality, but there have been a lot more impactful loans in the championship.

I liked him, thought he came in at a crucial time for us. Can't say I thought he was a 10.5m player tho.

Always thought he looked a bit of a liability that was on the verge of getting sent off, not sure he ever fulfilled that idea I had if him or of he went in to be like that since he left? Does he ever get sent off?

If you'd listened to the idiots that screamed at him for not running around like a headless chicken he's not worth 10 percent of that. Good job none of us know what we're talking about eh.

Yeah yeah, but but, the stars show..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If you'd listened to the idiots that screamed at him for not running around like a headless chicken he's not worth 10 percent of that. Good job none of us know what we're talking about eh.
    If he was any good he wouldn’t have been sold

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If he was any good he wouldn’t have been sold
    Good enough for Liverpool.

Have a day off butt.