+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

FT: UKRAINE 0 - 4 ENGLAND.

MATCH STATS

Head-to-head

• England have lost just one of their seven meetings with Ukraine in all competitions (W4 D2), a 1-0 defeat in October 2009 in a World Cup qualifier. The last two games between the sides have finished level, with this the first meeting since September 2013.
    • England and Ukraine have met at a major tournament once before, with the Three Lions winning 1-0 in the group stages of Euro 2012, thanks to a Wayne Rooney goal.

Ukraine
    • Ukraine's only previous quarter-final appearance in a major tournament ended in a 3-0 defeat by Italy at the 2006 World Cup. Ukraine have won two of their last three European Championship matches, more than they had in their first seven in the competition (W1 L6).
    • Ukraine's West Ham winger Andriy Yarmolenko has either scored or assisted five of Ukraine's eight goals at the European Championship.
    • At Euro 2020, Ukraine have won two and lost two of their four matches. They have scored six goals including two headers.

England
    • Each of England's previous three quarter-final matches at the European Championship have gone to extra time and penalties. After progressing from the first of these against Spain in 1996, England lost in penalty shootouts against Portugal in 2004 and Italy in 2012.
    • The Three Lions are only the second side in European Championship history not to concede in any of their first four games of an edition of the tournament, after Germany in 2016.
    • Forward Raheem Sterling has scored three of England's four goals at Euro 2020 so far, while only two players have ever scored more for England in a single edition at the tournament - Alan Shearer in 1996 (5) and Wayne Rooney in 2004 (4).
    • All four of England goals at Euro 2020 have come from inside the penalty area, including two headers.

Re: UKRAINE v ENGLAND. ko 8pm

As I said previously the anti English stuff is really petty and its time we overcome this розбийте цих англійських собак мої брати українці

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    As I said previously the anti English stuff is really petty and its time we overcome this розбийте цих англійських собак мої брати українці
    Come on Ukraine (although I can't see England not reaching the final at least)

Bring it home Ingerlund

Sancho hasn't had a sniff as he was playing in Germany last couple of seasons
    Signs for Man utd and boom 💥 must start ...... its like top trumps back in the day

Unless Ukraine pull of one heck of an upset we can say that only one "host nation" were directly knocked out by a non-host nation (Netherlands losing to Czechia) and that FIFA's top 10 rankings are bang on the money with 4 of the 7 UEFA nations in the final 4. Every other "host nation" is either still in the competition, lost to another "host nation" or were Scotland*.

*I know it also describes Russia and Hungary but at least they played two of FIFA's top 10 on way out of contest.

I hope Ukraine show up and make themselves proud. Good luck to them as the underdog

Oh jaysus

Kane 3 mins

Ukraine are properly shite, finished 3rd in one of the worst groups at the whole tournament

1 nil Kane.

Pre match knee etc. I cant support the opposition.

There appears to be a lot of fans in the crowd for a game where fans were told not to travel?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ukraine are properly shite, finished 3rd in one of the worst groups at the whole tournament
    The reason so many of England's opponents are seen as easy is because there aren't many sides in this tournament who are better than them. Italy are; France were and Belgium probably were but they are out. England are boring to watch but they generally look like they are in control. But yeah they did get a bit lucky this time around. It would be a shock if they don't make the final.

Anyone know how many of the Ukraine team were crocked in the last round? If memory serves Sweden were sticking the boot in a bit

Anyone know how I can watch the game without the biased commentary and without muting my tv?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There appears to be a lot of fans in the crowd for a game where fans were told not to travel?
    Plenty live on mainland Europe and they didn't have travel restrictions

Are England the only team who dont have the flags of both countries on the front of the shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Anyone know how I can watch the game without the biased commentary and without muting my tv?
    Move to France or Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Watch a foreign language stream. Or even one from the US if they are devoid of English commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    The reason so many of England's opponents are seen as easy is because there aren't many sides in this tournament who are better than them. Italy are; France were and Belgium probably were but they are out. England are boring to watch but they generally look like they are in control. But yeah they did get a bit lucky this time around. It would be a shock if they don't make the final.

Anyone know how many of the Ukraine team were crocked in the last round? If memory serves Sweden were sticking the boot in a bit
    They're also just not very good, as anyone who's watched them at this tournament would attest Their game against Sweden was a torturous watch whilst their performances in the group stage were dreadful

0 - 2

a minute into 2nd half

Where the **** is VAR? Kane dived for the free kick. Maguire looked offside and he had his arm all over the Ukrainian defender.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Where the **** is VAR? Kane dived for the free kick. Maguire looked offside and he had his arm all over the Ukrainian defender.
    German VAR. Bound to be biased in favour of the English.

0-3

It goes on.

I give up on this football lark !!

You’re 3-0 down, you get a free kick on the half way line, and you play it 20 yards backwards !!!

Unbelievable !

This England team got outplayed by Scotland

The hype will go into overdrive and it will be sickening

There are fortunately 3 better teams than them left in the tournament

Ukraine are no better than Luton Town

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I give up on this football lark !!

You’re 3-0 down, you get a free kick on the half way line, and you play it 20 yards backwards !!!

Unbelievable !
    Yeah.

The keeper should have come up signalled the 2 big centre halves into the box and launched it.

Of the 6 teams who played each group game at home, 4 are in the semi finals

But apparently complaints about the tournament structure were sour grapes....