+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England V Pakistan ODI Cardiff

England V Pakistan ODI Cardiff

Managed to get a ticket for this next Thursday. 1st live sport since lockdown for me. Anyone else going?

Re: England V Pakistan ODI Cardiff

I'll be going to at least the first innings. Forgot to get my leave request in though, so think I'll be missing out the 2nd innings to go to work at 5.30 !!!

Oooo forgot that one

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'll be going to at least the first innings. Forgot to get my leave request in though, so think I'll be missing out the 2nd innings to go to work at 5.30 !!!
    With Sri Lanka playing this poorly I think you might see it all!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Thats a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    With Sri Lanka playing this poorly I think you might see it all!
    It's Pakistan they're playing next week. I've not bothered to watch much of either series against Sri Lanka, it's been really boring with Sri Lanka batting first and not putting together a competitive score in any of the matches - I can't see that England have gained many positives from it either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's Pakistan they're playing next week. I've not bothered to watch much of either series against Sri Lanka, it's been really boring with Sri Lanka batting first and not putting together a competitive score in any of the matches - I can't see that England have gained many positives from it either.
    It’s so disappointing the way top sport has gone these days. Like you Bob I’ve had very little interest in the Sri Lanka series. It’s just a conveyor belt of pretty meaningless games these days.
    I heard them talking on Sky this morning that England should have taken the opportunity to rest the likes of Root and Roy to blood new boys. I’m not sure how much tickets for these games are but they certainly wouldn’t be cheap. If I’d forked out possibly 80 quid to see England and then they leave out the “superstars” I’d be thoroughly pi$$ed off.
    I’ve had advert after advert sent to me to buy tickets for the games at Sophia Gardens this season, but I’ve got no appetite for watching meaningless games with half a side on rotation.
    I know the days of international tours taking up a full season will never return, but they were real tours. Oh well I guess it’s time to take my rose tinted spectacles off and just enjoy watching the franchised cricket circus as it constantly travels around the world.