+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Astrazeneca - Unapproved Batch

Astrazeneca - Unapproved Batch

Just checked and I had it, anyone else ?

Re: Astrazeneca - Unapproved Batch

Not me

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    How does one find out?

Where is the disapproving smiley?

Those affected will have batch numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003 on their patient card

Yeah, I’ve had it too. Not sure if it means anything, other than some countries won’t accept it as proof of being twice vaccinated, if you want to travel. It’s been said there’s no difference from those batches and any other, apart from they were made in India. I’m beyond caring anymore!

Where did you have it? I'm not one to kick up a fuss, or act paranoid, but ever since my second jab, I've been ****ed, sleeping, lack of enthusiasm, it's even been a struggle to take a shower and brush my teeth. Probably down to other factors, although I've never really over reacted to anything much in my life, or put 2 and 2 together to make 5, so I'll happily blame the vaccine if it fuels a few nut jobs and gives Mike some hits.

My first jab was one of the Indian manufactured ones.

From what I can see from the coverage this week it is identical to the UK/EU manufactured jabs and is likely to be approved by the EU (and hopefully USA) once an application has been submitted and processed. A short term unconvenience for all those people planning to head off on holiday to one of those dozens of EU green destinations - but should become a non-story very soon.

Mine is from batch 4120Z008 so maybe. As you know I’m still travelling a lot with my card, NHS app & printed QR code & no-one has mentioned it.

Yes, the missus had 4120Z001 - 18/03/2021 (first one) - Pentwyn Leisure Centre

As has already been said, it seems to be an administrative error or oversight rather than any doubt on the vaccine itself. Hopefully ironed out in the near future.

You couldn’t make this up.
    Backs up the beliefs of those that refuse to have the jab.

Hope those that had this ropey batch are in okay above all else and not messed about with on vaccine passports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Hope those that had this ropey batch are in okay above all else and not messed about with on vaccine passports etc.
    Don't panic....the batches in question were made by the Serum Institute in India under licence from AZ. The batches will have been made to the same standard as those made in UK. They are not ropey batches.

Every manufacturing facility for medicines has to be approved and the MHRA in Uk has approved the manufacturing site and the vaccines it produces. Also, every batch is quality tested and approved by MHRA.
    The EU, probably because of it's cumbersome approval processes has not yet approved the Indian made version.

Latest news is that 10 EU member states are already using the Indian made product, so central control in Amsterdam had better get a move on. The Serum institute is the biggest vaccine manufacturer in the world so it reasonable to assume it knows what it's doing.

How does it? It will be made the same way as all the other batches it just hasn’t been tested isn’t it?

You could quite easily make this up, in fact you yourself have taken it and added several layers of dramatic narrative to it

It's not a ropey batch.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's not a ropey batch.
    Sure it isn’t and does the job.
    Just hope it don’t cause issues for them trying to go places.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How does it? It will be made the same way as all the other batches it just hasn’t been tested isn’t it?
    It will have been tested before the batch was released

While here in Uganda some scammers have been injecting us with water.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1876213.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Where did you have it? I'm not one to kick up a fuss, or act paranoid, but ever since my second jab, I've been ****ed, sleeping, lack of enthusiasm, it's even been a struggle to take a shower and brush my teeth. Probably down to other factors, although I've never really over reacted to anything much in my life, or put 2 and 2 together to make 5, so I'll happily blame the vaccine if it fuels a few nut jobs and gives Mike some hits.
    I've had those symptoms after my 2nd jab but i had the Pfizer one

Ryan Giggs girlfriend has suffered since a jab

This is mis-information. It is not a ‘ropey’ batch. It is exactly the same as all the other Astra-Zeneca jabs administered in this country. It was made in a different country, that is all.