+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caribo cup game v Sutton

Caribo cup game v Sutton

7pm Tuesday 10th August.

With fans being hopefully allowed back, it timing is quite early to kick off

First Team

Re: Caribo cup game v Sutton

Just been talking to a few Sutton fans and they are genuinely excited about this tie.

They really consider us a big name side and are looking forward to playing in an international stadium.

God only knows what we would make of Gander Green Lane though .

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    7pm Tuesday 10th August.

With fans being hopefully allowed back, it timing is quite early to kick off
    Is 7pm going to become a regular kick off time? I wonder whether we will play any League games at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Is 7pm going to become a regular kick off time? I wonder whether we will play any League games at that time.
    I have sent you a message Mike but it says you are all blocked up

I would suggest all bran or senakot

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have sent you a message Mike but it says you are all blocked up

I would suggest all bran or senakot
    I've just flushed. Should work now.

I've just flushed. Should work now.
    I am stuck in the u bend

Eternal misery

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Just been talking to a few Sutton fans and they are genuinely excited about this tie.

They really consider us a big name side and are looking forward to playing in an international stadium.

There was a time watching City where I would hope for a big team in the Cup. Against the so called bigger clubs.

Given that we have been spoiled in recent times though I find it has totally changed in that I wish for a team from lower down the leagues or non league with as old/traditional ground as possible, preferably a terraced end.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

It's hardly surprising.

This will be their first ever season of league football. They've only had 11 seasons at what I still call Conference level (National League).

In the FA cup they have made the 1st round on 23 occasions, losing 15 times in round 1 and 3 times in round 2. Their standout victory was beating Coventry 2-1 in the 3rd round in 1989, before losing 8-0 at Carrow Road in the next. In 2017 they beat AFC Wimbledon in round 3 and Leeds in round 4, before a 2-0 home defeat to Arsenal. In their competitive history, the only other big sides they've play are Middlesbrough and Notts County (when they had been relegated from Div 1 in the early 90s). They also lost 6-0 at home to Leeds in 1970.

Even if Sutton went down this season, to get into the league, given their history, is fantastic and I'm sure every game will be a cup final for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    There was a time watching City where I would hope for a big team in the Cup. Against the so called bigger clubs.

Given that we have been spoiled in recent times though I find it has totally changed in that I wish for a team from lower down the leagues or non league with as old/traditional ground as possible, preferably a terraced end.
    Yes, it's always nicer to exit the tournament at an old fashioned ground!

It looks like all our midweek games in the Championship are scheduled for 19:45 at the moment.