+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Cat Alarms To Protect My Birds

Re: Anti Cat Alarms To Protect My Birds

Get a dog

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    had you down as more of a kind liberal guy thank someone who shoots animals tbh
    They are cruel , invasive animals that are not natural to these shores . I wouldn't take any pleasure in blowing one away if it was eating birds and mice in my back yard but if it had to be done ......

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are cruel , invasive animals that are not natural to these shores . I wouldn't take any pleasure in blowing one away if it was eating birds and mice in my back yard but if it had to be done ......
    anti immigrant too I see.

true colours

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    anti immigrant too I see.

true colours
    I like good immigrants who work hard

Cats are lazy feggers, sleep all day

Send them back to Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes people 24 or younger can often hear higher frequencies.
    it probably isn't a bad thing either to deter 24 year old females from approaching Sludge's garden
    My daughter is 29 and still hears them.

Get an ostrich, a feathered friend who’ll sort any cat out I’d imagine.

****ing golden Eagle

They will be running scared

****ing golden Eagle

They will be running scared
    We’ll obviously want photos or even better a video

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I used to feed the birds, but stopped when I saw a rat on the bird table.

Anyone know how to deter them?
    I presume you were putting out grain/seed on your bird table. I made the mistake a few years ago of emptying the dregs of a bag of grain onto the lawn. The following day I had a pair of rats going up and down the flower border. It took several weeks to get rid of them.

Nowadays I only fill the hanging containers with fat balls and peanuts and have not seen any rats since.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I presume you were putting out grain/seed on your bird table. I made the mistake a few years ago of emptying the dregs of a bag of grain onto the lawn. The following day I had a pair of rats going up and down the flower border. It took several weeks to get rid of them.

Nowadays I only fill the hanging containers with fat balls and peanuts and have not seen any rats since.
    I have now got a hanging pole

Not some bloke from Poland that I have executed and left in the back yard

Its about 6 foot and should be enough to keep the birds safe from the smelly pussies

Its about 6 foot and should be enough to keep the birds safe from the smelly pussies
    There’s a saucy reply to this somewhere along the line. Mrs Slocombe would be right on the case.

Putting aside your obsession with smelly pussies, my experience with feeders is this:
    When birds peck away at the feed, small pieces will fall and accumulate directly below the feeder. Normally this is great for ground feeding birds like robins, blackbirds, dunnocks, thrushes, collared doves etc to have their fill. BUT, it then becomes an opportunity for a pussy, smelly or otherwise to pounce, especially if there is shrub or flower border nearby in which to conceal itself. I hate the little b*****ds myself so good luck to you.

Totally agree. Didn't think I'd ever agree with one of your posts 🤣. Humans have done a lot of shitty things to nature. Introducing 10 million well kept killing machines that devastate our natural wildlife is right up there

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Totally agree. Didn't think I'd ever agree with one of your posts 🤣. Humans have done a lot of shitty things to nature. Introducing 10 million well kept killing machines that devastate our natural wildlife is right up there
    I saw an article recently that stated that the figure of animals hunted by cats in the UK is probably hugely inflated. The vast majority of them catch nothing at all. Maybe 10-20% catch a few times a year and there are a small percentage of more prolific hunters.

Compared to the destruction of habitats they have a tiny effect. they aren't even sure that cats are contributing to the declining bird populations.

I don't own a cat fwiw.

I saw an article recently that stated that the figure of animals hunted by cats in the UK is probably hugely inflated. The vast majority of them catch nothing at all. Maybe 10-20% catch a few times a year and there are a small percentage of more prolific hunters.

Compared to the destruction of habitats they have a tiny effect. they aren't even sure that cats are contributing to the declining bird populations.

I don't own a cat fwiw.
    Agreed, I would be very surprised if cat predation had a notable effect on the decline of certain bird species. It's quite well documented that the loss of habitat, changes to farming practices and other factors are the main reasons behind the decline of bird populations.

Having said that, I still dislike the b*****ds, especially as they're forever sh*tting on my lawn !

I don't own a cat fwiw.
    The Rspb are a bunch of shithouses and will not have a go at cats because like any of these royal societies they love all animals and all that bollocks 🙄

Cats kill fecking millions of songbirds each year

The Rspb are a bunch of shithouses and will not have a go at cats because like any of these royal societies they love all animals and all that bollocks ��

Cats kill fecking millions of songbirds each year
    well in my garden the toll stands at Magpies 5 kills,Sparrowhawks 3 kills and Cats 0.
    The Magpies were actually hunting and catching the baby Starlings and sparrows.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    well in my garden the toll stands at Magpies 5 kills,Sparrowhawks 3 kills and Cats 0.
    Somebody must have taken out the cats

And I don't mean for a curry

Somebody must have taken out the cats

And I don't mean for a curry
    Could be in the curry :curry

The claws would be a giveaway

Lamb Pussanda

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Lamb Pussanda
    Thats good

Magpies definitely kill more songbirds than cats do in my garden as well, they will kill chicks in the nest, destroy eggs and even chase adult bids into windows to stun them before finishing them off.
    They are highly intelligent

Magpies definitely kill more songbirds than cats do in my garden as well, they will kill chicks in the nest, destroy eggs and even chase adult bids into windows to stun them before finishing them off.
    So was Adolf Hitler

Geordie bastards!! (With a nod to Notts County)