+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 1 DENMARK. aet

Re: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 1 DENMARK. aet

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Does the commentator know that the rest of the world had Covid and the miserable 16 months wasnt exclusive to them.
    English commentary, England playing, that one makes sense to me. He was talking to the English fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    How did that shower of shite beat the Germans
    Because that was maybe the worst German team they ever played.

Grealish taken off for not diving enough.

Well Rio, after that do you really think that your boys would be way too good for either Italy or Spain? .....he does read this messageboard doesn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because that was maybe the worst German team they ever played.
    Good point. I hope Italy beat this lot. Not particularly got anything against England. But they aren't up to much. Cant have this bunch of players lauded as greats for the next 50 fecking years

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Impeded? You having a giraffe? Should they have just stepped out of the way? Sterling is a diving prick, along with Kane.
    No, but they need to make an attempt to win the ball. Either way, shit defending, clever play in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Does the commentator know that the rest of the world had Covid and the miserable 16 months wasnt exclusive to them.
    It was when Sam Feckface said that England deserves this that I thought tosser.

diving , cheating

I hope an Italian takes a swan dive to defy England

Because that's what they have done tonight

Football is a joke

Penalty was soft England deserved to win

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No, but they need to make an attempt to win the ball. Either way, shit defending, clever play in my opinion.
    its cheating you daft twat 😆

Clever people are heart surgeons , cheats are football ponces who con the ref

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What a f ucking diving cheat Kane is
    He just threw himself to the floor everytime

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its cheating you daft twat ��

Clever people are heart surgeons , cheats are football ponces who con the ref
    It may be cheating to you, but not to the majority of top level professionals. Two Danish defenders put themselves in awful positions and one made an appalling attempt at some kind of half arsed challenge. He will know that his defending wasn't good enough, not by a long shot, and he'll know that if he hadn't put himself in that position then Sterling wouldn't have had the opportunity to go to ground, Tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He just threw himself to the floor everytime
    Footballs diving home!

Re: ENGLAND v DENMARK. In to extra time

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When did England nick dont take me home?? Can we sue em?
    I wondered if it was meant to be ironic given they’ve been in Wembley most of the tournament

Mark Clattenburg, who I'm no a fan of, just made an excellent point. As a referee, with the game on the line, unless you're 100% sure (which he said he wasn't) you DON'T give the penalty, you leave it up to VAR. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Penalty was soft England deserved to win
    They were the better team, I don't think they deserved to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why do 90% of the crowd look like total chavs?
    You ever been to Ashton gate?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well Rio, after that do you really think that your boys would be way too good for either Italy or Spain? .....he does read this messageboard doesn’t he?
    Last night was a game of the highest quality played by two fabulously gifted football teams.

Tonight's game was several notches down quality wise played by two decent sides but nothing special.

Rio's entitled to his opinion of course but he's having a laugh if he truly believes England are better than Spain and Italy.

The worse thing is this.....we'll have to put up with this for the next 55 years, well our offspring will !

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They were the better team, I don't think they deserved to win though.
    How do you reconcile that then?

Fwiw I think it was a pelanty anyway.

I’ve heard plenty of people say they hope England make the final then lose it in a cruel way.
    I’m now firmly in that camp despite hoping they’d lose tonight.
    A few reasons to be cheerful
    1) extra time took a bit more out of them
    2) the first real challenge they’ve had they’d have gone to penalties except for a moment of cheating
    3) they still can’t take penalties
    4) Italy look good
    5) Italy have had an extra day rest

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Last night was a game of the highest quality played by two fabulously gifted football teams.

Tonight's game was several notches down quality wise played by two decent sides but nothing special.

Rio's entitled to his opinion of course but he's having a laugh if he truly believes England are better than Spain and Italy.

The worse thing is this.....we'll have to put up with this for the next 55 years, well our offspring will !
    We will find out in a few days if Rio was right. Denmark are no pushovers and England were all over them for the best part of an hour. They are a very good side and very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    We will find out in a few days if Rio was right. Denmark are no pushovers and England were all over them for the best part of an hour. They are a very good side and very consistent.
    England are very good out wide, if teams allow their two holding midfielders to set up play then they're going to struggle, including Italy. Everything goes through the central pair with players like Foden and grealish dropping in to start attacks in the final third. They've got some real quality.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why do 90% of the crowd look like total chavs?
    Probably because they're total chavs

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Until Denmark substituted their two main forwards they were as good as England and very dangerous going forward. However they visibly tired after about 75 minutes and the writing was on the wall in extra time. So, all down to the depth of squad at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Until Denmark substituted their two main forwards they were as good as England and very dangerous going forward. However they visibly tired after about 75 minutes and the writing was on the wall in extra time. So, all down to the depth of squad at the end of the day.
    Very good point. The defending for the penalty was tired legs and bodies.