Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
This is whats wrong with the game, it isnt just at professional level either, i watch my non-league team ( well 2 of them actually ) a players are afraid to tackle in the box, and I kid you not, Ive seen it with the girls team i coach, we played a Academy girls team, they had been trained to get to ball in the box and when tackled go down, it was horrid to see, we conceded 2 pens in the 1st 1/2, the girls were scared to even go close and worked it out to just get between the player and the goal, our captain went up and spoke to the ref at 1/2 time, he said " its how the game is played at this level " ( though to his defence he was crap and shouldnt have been anywhere near the pitch )
Shocking, my youngest has natural football ability, a decent left foot for a 7 year old too. He’s not to bothered on playing and Ive decided
I’m not going to bother trying to get him into it which I’m slightly torn by but I’m just not sure about how football is going. He’s been asked to come and train/play with local kids team….hhhmmmmmmmmm