+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 1 DENMARK. aet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: ENGLAND 2 - 1 DENMARK. aet

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They were the better team, I don't think they deserved to win though.
    How do you reconcile that then?

Fwiw I think it was a pelanty anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How do you reconcile that then?

Fwiw I think it was a pelanty anyway.
    Because you can be the better team and not do enough to win. It happens all the time. I give England credit for the own goal, it was all of their making. But for me, the gift of the penalty was very fortunate. They say you make your own luck, but Harry Kane took a shit penalty which on another day, Schmeichel would smother. The better team on paper by far, better team on the pitch for the last 15 minutes or normal time and all of extra time. But not deserving winners in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because you can be the better team and not do enough to win. It happens all the time. I give England credit for the own goal, it was all of their making. But for me, the gift of the penalty was very fortunate. They say you make your own luck, but Harry Kane took a shit penalty which on another day, Schmeichel would smother. The better team on paper by far, better team on the pitch for the last 15 minutes or normal time and all of extra time. But not deserving winners in my opinion.
    I agree in league football l. But this is knockout football. Someone has to win. Denmark have been great, but they were second best tonight and didn’t deserve to go through. England were the better team overall by far tonight. As soon as Denmark took off their two best players they were hanging on and I think even to that point England were probably the better side anyway. Penalty was soft yes but still a pen, and even so overall it was the right result.

Kane’s penalty was so shit that it worked in his favour. Had he hit it harder or wider, Schmeichel may have looked to knock it away. It was basically a back pass that he failed to gather safely. Tho thought Kane was excellent tonight, bought countless free kicks to relieve pressure.