+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masks Yes or No After Restrictions Lifted

Masks Yes or No After Restrictions Lifted

Big debate at the moment think , I will adopt the behaviour of wearing one as a politeness if I've got a cold /cough and wear one for the rest of this year on public transport and in supermarkets.

I do think now its should be a personal choice except when visiting Hospital's / Clinic's , GP's where I think its should be mandatory for ever .

International

Re: Masks Yes or No After Restrictions Lifted

Let common sense and where a person is dictate it. Those without common sense weren't abiding by the rules anyway, though thankfully they seemed few and far between.

IMHO masks should remain compulsory in enclosed spaces, especially where there is limited social distancing.
    Nothing has changed in terms of the number of people who may have CV19 and be a-symptomatic, nor that you can have it without symptoms for up to two weeks.

It really doesn't bother me having to wear a mask, it's very little effort if it helps.

It really bugs me though people who wear a mask incorrectly, it's not difficult.

I enjoyed wearing a mask in the winter, not so keen now it's warm but I'll continue. It's the tiniest of inconveniences and it shows everyone else you're considering their health and wellbeing

I've not worn a mask outdoors for ages, but will continue to do so in shops, on public transport etc.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've not worn a mask outdoors for ages, but will continue to do so in shops, on public transport etc.
    My point exactly. you know when it is a good thing and when it is unnecessary. It's common sense.

Definitely will when travelling on the London underground to work etc - lot to be said for wearing a mask on there even pre-covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Definitely will when travelling on the London underground to work etc - lot to be said for wearing a mask on there even pre-covid.
    Spot on , I find mask wearing essential and almost reassuring in that area and other high density cities which have crowded environments such as buses , tubes and not forgetting Airports and travel .

I’ll be wearing my mask in the same way as before. I think the easing of restrictions in general is driven by political pressure from those that stand to gain from it, such as the travel industry.

Personally, I think that we’re heading for more restrictions in the autumn. The UK Government just don’t seem to be learning from last year. It’s “let the shackles off for the summer and damn the torpedoes”.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’ll be wearing my mask in the same way as before. I think the easing of restrictions in general is driven by political pressure from those that stand to gain from it, such as the travel industry.

Personally, I think that we’re heading for more restrictions in the autumn. The UK Government just don’t seem to be learning from last year. It’s “let the shackles off for the summer and damn the torpedoes”.
    Not so sure I agree, there does come a point we do need to find out what exactly happens when the shackles are let off. Whilst cases are high, I'd be shocked if in the future the statistic of preference for the media/government isn't the number hospitalisations which of course is the biggest issue, which according to the Chief of the NHS on sky news this morning are around 10x fewer than what hospitalisations were when there was comparable number of cases in the previous two peaks.

Think the vaccination programme which has been a massive success has effectively removed the governments need to draw on what they have failed on previously. Presumably when every adult who wants their second jab has had them, and then booster jabs come in play, future peaks in cases will be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on , I find mask wearing essential and almost reassuring in that area and other high density cities which have crowded environments such as buses , tubes and not forgetting Airports and travel .
    So you’ll be wearing one down ccs then?

I haven't worn a mask for about a month now. I would if I was on public transport. And I probably will wear one next winter.

Yes in shops, all indoor locations and especially public transport. With increasing COVID numbers wearing masks as now should be compulsory for, not only your own sake, but for those with whom you come into contact.

Big debate at the moment think , I will adopt the behaviour of wearing one as a politeness if I've got a cold /cough and wear one for the rest of this year on public transport and in supermarkets.

I do think now its should be a personal choice except when visiting Hospital's / Clinic's , GP's where I think its should be mandatory for ever .
    Shouldn't you be self-isolating at home if you've got a cough?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Shouldn't you be self-isolating at home if you've got a cough?
    In normal times no , as half the world would be at home and on the sick especially in the winter ?

Proper ventilation of indoor spaces is probably more important. This summer, I've seen people wearing masks on buses with all the windows shut, which just seems crazy to me.

In normal times no , as half the world would be at home and on the sick especially in the winter ?
    Would you be wearing a mask in normal times?

I'm not aware that the government in planning to change the rules on people self-isolating when they have Covid symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    So you’ll be wearing one down ccs then?
    I'm not sure if I'm honest more cramped enclosed areas

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Would you be wearing a mask in normal times?

I'm not aware that the government in planning to change the rules on people self-isolating when they have Covid symptoms.
    Have worn them a way back in London as the air was awful , tubes were a breading ground of colds and flu

I won’t be wearing one, possibly in a supermarket but that’s it. Hate the things. Putting it back on to walk to a pub in the toilet or between different machines in the gym….what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I haven't worn a mask for about a month now. I would if I was on public transport. And I probably will wear one next winter.
    Nevermind this, when is Biden going to open the USA up to visitors??

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

The big difference is that, by the Autumn, at least 90% of the population will be double jabbed at at least 60% will have had a booster jab as well.

If someone can dig up a study that proves that masks are effective.
    I have a work colleague that is in his last year at university to become a surgeon and he claims that there are no studies
    that they help even during a serious operation.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If someone can dig up a study that proves that masks are effective.
    I have a work colleague that is in his last year at university to become a surgeon and he claims that there are no studies
    that they help even during a serious operation.
    There isn't much evidence that they alter post operative infection rates very much - they are more useful for protecting the wearer from things from the patient though. I've been in plenty of operating theatres and none of the surgeon's i've worked with would be prepared to do it without a mask, even on a cadaver.