+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The foreign influence.

The foreign influence.

Remember when managers/pundits would complain that the influx of foreign players into the premier league was hurting the development of English players and the England team? Well, what about the influx of foreign managers? I think it's helped them immensely. They don't look like losers anymore. Would Kyle Walker and John Stones have played the way they did today without the influence of Pep?

Re: The foreign influence.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Remember when managers/pundits would complain that the influx of foreign players into the premier league was hurting the development of English players and the England team? Well, what about the influx of foreign managers? I think it's helped them immensely. They don't look like losers anymore. Would Kyle Walker and John Stones have played the way they did today without the influence of Pep?
    Bang on.

What you talking about mun, it's all down to Sir Gareth

The people you talk about used to call players who dive cheats.
    Now they call it winning a free kick for your team.

Sterling being touted a hero.

England keeping possession the last few minutes. Would never have happened in years gone by.

I thought this was going to be about the foreign import of diving 🤔

Who actually gives a fack?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What you talking about mun, it's all down to Sir Gareth

The people you talk about used to call players who dive cheats.
    Now they call it winning a free kick for your team.

Sterling being touted a hero.

It was called drawing the foul a number of times last night, Harry Kane being the recipient of the compliment most regularly

Do we include Wales in that? Welsh goalie coach, the football psychologist Wales had in 2016 and it appears a lot of Osian Robert's ideas at work as well.

Still, how annoying was it when they told us of the English influence in our 2016 side. I hope they recognise how much has been learnt from others - it's rest of the World's turn now to learn off them - but not expecting it.

I think the introduction of both players and mangers coaches etc has massively effected skill levels of all leagues including the Championship where the process squeezes down the likes of Mount , Wilson on loans into our league