+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England ( sorry to type that name ) doing well v Pakistan

England ( sorry to type that name ) doing well v Pakistan

Pakistan : 72 - for 4 wickets (17.1overs)

Second eleven doing well Pakistan recovered from 26/4

Re: England ( sorry to type that name ) doing well v Pakistan

Sorry 93-6 v 3rd String Ingerlund.

Mahmood having fun

Phil Salt at the top of the order, first Welshman to play for England in a good 15+ years?

Don’t think Imad Wasim is playing for Pakistan, otherwise this could’ve been an answer for a bit of a pub quiz question (last time two players born in Wales played against each other in international cricket).

Sadly he’s gone for 7.

Very composed performance by England. Pakistan were a shambles, seemed unable/unwilling to hit 1s and 2s. It was dot, boundary or out. Zaman looked good, then ran his partner out and got caught off a lazy shot.

Great spell by mahmood, he is seriously quick. Malan is all class, brilliant player to watch

Just got back. Hopeless display by Pakistan. Topped off with the most ridiculous review by a wicket keeper ive ever seen

Malan and Crawley different class to the Pakistan batsmen.

Malan should be back in the Test side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just got back. Hopeless display by Pakistan. Topped off with the most ridiculous review by a wicket keeper ive ever seen

Malan and Crawley different class to the Pakistan batsmen.

Malan should be back in the Test side.
    That review by the keeper really amused me. I actually said to my dad, ' there must have been a nick because its happened right in front of him '. He must have had his eyes closed and dreamt it. Totally agree about Malan, his average at test level isn't amazing, but it's also not horrendous for someone's first 15 games. He is so classy and still getting better season by season(despite his age). He has to be in the side, really believe that when it clicks for him at test level he will go on to average 50+

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    That review by the keeper really amused me. I actually said to my dad, ' there must have been a nick because its happened right in front of him '. He must have had his eyes closed and dreamt it. Totally agree about Malan, his average at test level isn't amazing, but it's also not horrendous for someone's first 15 games. He is so classy and still getting better season by season(despite his age). He has to be in the side, really believe that when it clicks for him at test level he will go on to average 50+

Apparently, Ed Smith came to the conclusion that Malan wasn't good enough in test cricket in England to remain in the side when he was in charge of selection. Malan's only test century came in Australia when he did pretty well in a team that was thrashed and so I'd say he should definitely be in the squad for the Ashes tour this winter and, with there being so few batting alternatives banging down the door for inclusion in the team to face India in a few weeks time, he's got to be worth a recall against them even if it means him playing in conditions that Smith thought he wasn't up to.

Mind you, at thirty three, he can only be something of a short term fix even if he did well on his recall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apparently, Ed Smith came to the conclusion that Malan wasn't good enough in test cricket in England to remain in the side when he was in charge of selection. Malan's only test century came in Australia when he did pretty well in a team that was thrashed and so I'd say he should definitely be in the squad for the Ashes tour this winter and, with there being so few batting alternatives banging down the door for inclusion in the team to face India in a few weeks time, he's got to be worth a recall against them even if it means him playing in conditions that Smith thought he wasn't up to.

Mind you, at thirty three, he can only be something of a short term fix even if he did well on his recall.
    Malan could still have 4 years left at the top.

India coming up. I think Malan and Habeeb need to put in and given game time and the opportunity to stake their claims. I think Crawley and Pope are talented batsmen with long term futures but both need runs going into an ashes series.

I have doubts about Burns and particularly Sibley. I admire Sibleys mentality and not throwing his wicket play. Clearly has a test batsmans mindset but has such a limited array of shots.

Another disappointment was the obvious conclusion that England have finished with Hales. Morgan clearly wants nothing to do with him. What a waste of a hugely talented limited overs player and a player youd love to watch live.

Currently 185 for 7, innings crumbling.
    Will they bat out their overs?

Shouldn't that be England and Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Shouldn't that be England and Wales?
    Oh no, here we go again

"England" is the brand

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post