+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motorway Service stations on M4

Motorway Service stations on M4

Filled up at Asda, Coryton 127.7 a litre for unleaded. Noticed Leigh Delamere 154.9, that's 27.2p per litre or over £1.22 a gallon more on way back tonight.

How the feck can this be justified?

Horrible places and only stopped to give p1ss!

Re: Motorway Service stations on M4

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Filled up at Asda, Coryton 127.7 a litre for unleaded. Noticed Leigh Delamere 154.9, that's 27.2p per litre or over £1.22 a gallon more on way back tonight.

How the feck can this be justified?

Horrible places and only stopped to give p1ss!
    Unfortunately people pay it. They should be boycotted but they pray on the fact that people are usually desperate when they stop there and will pay anything to get back on the road to their destination, usually late at night when nowhere else is open.

noticed today how much petrol has shot up in the last few weeks

greta and biden will be jumping for joy

get yourself an electric vehicle taffy !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    noticed today how much petrol has shot up in the last few weeks

greta and biden will be jumping for joy

get yourself an electric vehicle taffy !

got a toyota self-charging hybrid, my mate calls it a "milk float", boring as hell to drive and economy was better on my old volvo estate which was an infinitely better built car and went like the proverbial.

don't mention that Swedish school kid, dmfhi!

got a toyota self-charging hybrid, my mate calls it a "milk float", boring as hell to drive and economy was better on my old volvo estate which was an infinitely better built car and went like the proverbial.

don't mention that Swedish school kid, dmfhi!
    I've got an Audi etron. 0-60 in under six seconds despite weighing about twice what you think it would. No need to stop it at service stations either as I leave home fully fuelled. EVs aren't the future, they are the present. No chance I'd go back to ICE now.

Horrible places
    This is why our coaches rarely stop at them, better off finding inns close to motorways.

Proper food, not plastic shit

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Unfortunately people pay it. They should be boycotted but they pray on the fact that people are usually desperate when they stop there and will pay anything to get back on the road to their destination, usually late at night when nowhere else is open.
    Pray you’re not running low near one

Most sat navs can pick up a supermarket just off a motorway junction, also useful if you have a coach load in need of refreshments 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Most sat navs can pick up a supermarket just off a motorway junction, also useful if you have a coach load in need of refreshments ��
    Don’t have to pay Duckford’s TAX then

There’s one good one in the uk, west Moreland up by Carlisle on the m6. Lovely spot and food

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I've got an Audi etron. 0-60 in under six seconds despite weighing about twice what you think it would. No need to stop it at service stations either as I leave home fully fuelled. EVs aren't the future, they are the present. No chance I'd go back to ICE now.
    My old boss has an etron on order currently, can't wait to get his hands on it. Historically he was an Audi S guy (he had the petrol S4 and diesel S5 Sportback) but he's won over. I'm stuck with VWFS PCH for a little while longer and have just changed mine to save a few quid but next time will seriously consider going for a hybrid or full electric.

Someone tell OP not to purchase any food in one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Someone tell OP not to purchase any food in one of them...
    i know they're crap but love a big mac when i'm hungry, bought at coryton near asda

i know they're crap but love a big mac when i'm hungry, bought at coryton near asda
    Its shite food but it tastes good at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s one good one in the uk, west Moreland up by Carlisle on the m6. Lovely spot and food
    For all fans of motorway service stations - there's a 4 part documentary series about the Tebay Services (M6 Cumbria) starting on Channel 4 tonight - 8 pm. 'A Lake District Farm Shop'.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For all fans of motorway service stations - there's a 4 part documentary series about the Tebay Services (M6 Cumbria) starting on Channel 4 tonight - 8 pm. 'A Lake District Farm Shop'.
    Nightmare , missed it