Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I assume tomorrow onwards will be dominated by talk of Italy and England so, if possible, this thread aims to discuss the other 22 teams before their ride is overshadowed by the final.

A tournament which will be remembered by it's unusual format - Switzerland travelled the furthest, 15,485km (9,622 miles), while Scotland clocked up the shortest at 1,108km - the impact of covid and some really, really good football.

Potential questions:

1. Which was your favourite game of the tournament so far? Belgium v Italy
2. Who do you think the player of the tournament has been so far? Got to love what Pedri did for Spain as such a young player and a side unfancied before the tournament. Georginio Wijnaldum did a lot for the Dutch before one bad mistake confirmed that De Boer's side went home early. They were a Van Dijk and a better manager away from making the semi-finals.

3. Which players do you think will get big moves off the back of their tournament success? Jérémy Doku showed some really nice flashes in his brief cameo
4. Which surprising player has caught your eye and is one to watch out for now? Sommer as Switzerland's goalie
5. Which team do you think got most out of being a "host nation"? I'd argue that Germany progressed because of being a host nation and therefore got the most out of it
6. Which team do you think got least out of it? Spain.

7. Which "non host nation" do you think has managed that role the best and which the worst? Czechia beat Scotland, lost by a single goal to England and were only non-host nation to knock out a host-nation. France did not enjoy being in a long camp together and would have done much better without the travel and being able to stay in more comfortable surroundings.
8. Who or what has been the biggest disappointment? France went from being one of the most complete sides to having a tournament to forget
9. Who do you think is most primed for success at later tournaments? If Spain can find a striker (and keep Enrique as manager) they're looking good while Germany move on from their disappointing final years under Lowe and need to find a CB combination - both are primed to be better going forward
10. Who gets the "Goran Pandev Award" for a really top player we're, sadly, not going to see at another tournament? Cheeky mention for Benzema who came in to late so could have been more a disruption than not (and has off the field issues still in play) while Modric is getting older and Croatia are in a down period
11. Which has been your favourite stadium and favourite fanbase? Parken Stadium in Copenhagan North Macedonia fans or Switzerland fans or at least that one with their top off

Feel free to answer or add your own

Basically I want a chance to comment on how well Switzerland and Czechia have done and how poorly France and Netherlands did before it all becomes about one team
Still haven't mentioned all the teams I want to mind...