+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never mind Ingurlund v ITALY, is it BBC or ITV for you ?

Re: Never mind Ingurlund v ITALY, is it BBC or ITV for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And you don’t pay anything for ITV??? Those meerkats and that fat Welsh opera singer don’t come cheap, it’s all reflected in your car/house insurance. We pay for the advertising whether we use the products or not. The ITV presenters salaries are massive as well, who do you reckon pays it?
    How do we pay for the advertising without buying the products?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How do we pay for the advertising without buying the products?!
    Do you ever get a taxi? It’s insured, that’s got to be built into the fare, you’re not paying the insurance but you’re contributing. That’s off the top of my head, there’s got to be other indirect things you’re contributing to, food manufacturers make various products, some you never use but you buy their other produce. The licence fee is about 43p a day (I’d pay that just for the lack of adverts and for Popmaster), it’d be interesting for someone to work out how much we contribute per day/week towards TV advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Guy Mowbray and Jena's were absolutely shite tonight
    Agree.the wheels came off around the 70 Min mark where it became clear that Italy were not going to stick to the script. The build up was embarrassing as it assumed England would win. But awful commentary. Awful. It needed impartiality and detachment and, lets face it, criticism of what was England bottling it as the game went on.

Almost certainly better than matterface tho, although nobody will know as presumably nobody subjected themselves to that very peculiar torture

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Agree.the wheels came off around the 70 Min mark where it became clear that Italy were not going to stick to the script. The build up was embarrassing as it assumed England would win. But awful commentary. Awful. It needed impartiality and detachment and, lets face it, criticism of what was England bottling it as the game went on.

Almost certainly better than matterface tho, although nobody will know as presumably nobody subjected themselves to that very peculiar torture
    I watched it on ITV because of Roy Keane. Matterface and Dixon weren't that bad actually.

I watched ITV and there were quite a few cringey moments, totally biased, but I got the feeling that they knew what was about to unfold straight after Italy scored.

Surprised how bearable it was.

Everyone and his dog were all convinced that they were going to win.

Probably what makes it so heartbreaking from their point of view and so wonderful from ours.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    oof, that's a thrashing.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Fukc the pc, right-on, woke, snowflake BBC. They need defunding. So it's ITV for me
    Sounds like a perfect TV company for the modern age.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    ESPN. Cookie, McManaman and Del Piero.
    You missed Kelly Dalglish and Stewart (who he?) Robson. Oh and Taylor Twellman (who I actually started to warm to over the tournament - he sometimes made sense) and Ian (jingoistic) Darke.

And why was it so biased towards England when we're in the US?