+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Cardiff City 21 / 22 kit

Re: New Cardiff City 21 / 22 kit

I quite like it. Looks like a promotion shirt to me.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Looking back through our kits and while they're all nice enough none of them are A+. If we're going to have a series of B grade kits can't we sell them for much cheaper?

Or is it a case that majority of the people who buy them will buy for this price and majority who don't buy won't buy for cheaper?
    There's just a standard price now, regardless of quality. You pay more the better the teams get then.

Who rates shirts by grade anyway. Jesus 😂

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    I love it, best shirt we've had for years. Looks like we're keeping last year's away kit as the third kit.
    That's what we do each year.

While visiting back home one year,
    The only shirt I could find was the xara yellow one.
    **** me it was shite.
    Never had the bottle to wear it outside!!

Continuing the old fogey theme, when I were a lad, when I was given a football kit for Christmas it consisted of shirt, shorts and socks. When did the transformation to a "kit" meaning just a shirt happen? Ridiculous rip off price as well, especially when you can buy far more superior quality historical shirts (with long sleeves rather than the now compulsory short ones!) at a much cheaper price from places like TOFFs.

I see we wore blue shorts at Bath when there was no colour clash with the home teams black ones, so, presumably, after just one season wearing our proper colour shorts, we're back to blue ones yet again are we? It was impossible to tell from that so 2020s video because, as mentioned earlier, our kit consists of just a shirt these days - shorts and socks are, expensive no doubt, extras.

You'd be doing a child over 10 a disservice by getting them a full kit - known as full kit wankers these days.. And I don't think long sleeves are thing now other than as a cool wicking base layer.

There's been a cumulative inflation increase in the UK of around 32% in the last ten years and not sure what's going in right now, but everything seems up drastically, even in the last few months.

I'm with you on the shorts, not a fan of 100% blue, even Navy matching the trim would be better than matching the shirts..

None of this the end of the world though is it..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...l-who-20928412

There is some really positive stuff going on in Cardiff, especially Butetown which uses football, shirts, Welsh/Cardiff identity as a theme right now and is to be applauded. Never mind 'Noise' on an ad.. worlds moving on for the better lads.!
    Last edited by Freitag 4.17; 11-07-21 at 05:38. Reason: spelling

Shame the club had such poor engagement with the above project...

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    You'd be doing a child over 10 a disservice by getting them a full kit - known as full kit wankers these days.. And I don't think long sleeves are thing now other than as a cool wicking base layer.

There's been a cumulative inflation increase in the UK of around 32% in the last ten years and not sure what's going in right now, but everything seems up drastically, even in the last few months.

I'm with you on the shorts, not a fan of 100% blue, even Navy matching the trim would be better than matching the shirts..

None of this the end of the world though is it..
    I thought full kit wankers were adults who wore a full kit? I can understand that, but i loved wearing a full City kit as a kid, it’s a shame if that has changed now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought full kit wankers were adults who wore a full kit? I can understand that, but i loved wearing a full City kit as a kid, it’s a shame if that has changed now.
    You're correct. A 12-year-old child wearing a football shirt, shorts, and socks isn't a full-kit wanker.

Maybe over 12 then - Think you'd be looking a bit daft in High School..

Continuing the old fogey theme, when I were a lad, when I was given a football kit for Christmas it consisted of shirt, shorts and socks. When did the transformation to a "kit" meaning just a shirt happen? Ridiculous rip off price as well, especially when you can buy far more superior quality historical shirts (with long sleeves rather than the now compulsory short ones!) at a much cheaper price from places like TOFFs.

I see we wore blue shorts at Bath when there was no colour clash with the home teams black ones, so, presumably, after just one season wearing our proper colour shorts, we're back to blue ones yet again are we? It was impossible to tell from that so 2020s video because, as mentioned earlier, our kit consists of just a shirt these days - shorts and socks are, expensive no doubt, extras.
    It's blue shorts this year. They are on sale on the shop website with the shirt and blue socks.

This was also put on the shop website yesterday. It's the new short sleeve GK kit.

keeper2122.jpg

Although yesterday we wore a luminous pink keeper kit

I guess that the away kit will have white shorts, or at least a lighter colour, especially as the third kit has navy shorts.
    My guess would be an all yellow away strip with navy stripes.🤞

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's blue shorts this year. They are on sale on the shop website with the shirt and blue socks.
    The lack of white in the new "kit" made it pretty likely we'd be back in blue shorts again - I much prefer us to wear the colours we played in for our four Cup Final appearances, for our run to the Cup Winners Cup Semi Final and when we beat Real Madrid (we played in all blue in the second leg!).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I guess that the away kit will have white shorts, or at least a lighter colour, especially as the third kit has navy shorts.
    My guess would be an all yellow away strip with navy stripes.��
    The third kit is the same mint coloured kit we had last season. With blue shorts as you say.

I really don't know what the away kit is going to be. I suspect something red but preferably not.

The third kit is the same mint coloured kit we had last season. With blue shorts as you say.

I really don't know what the away kit is going to be. I suspect something red but preferably not.
    Wouldn't mind it red and black TBH, although I realise that would piss many people off...

People want the shirt.

You don't see too many full kit wankers these days.

Obviously they've capitalised on this and by selling them all separately they can make more money..

This was also put on the shop website yesterday. It's the new short sleeve GK kit.

keeper2122.jpg

Although yesterday we wore a luminous pink keeper kit
    Maybe the rules have changed, but weren't long sleeves mandatory for keepers? If a bare arm goes up to touch the ball in a goalmouth scramble, how else will the ref know it was the keeper and not a defender giving away a pelanty?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Maybe the rules have changed, but weren't long sleeves mandatory for keepers? If a bare arm goes up to touch the ball in a goalmouth scramble, how else will the ref know it was the keeper and not a defender giving away a pelanty?
    Keepers wear gloves...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Keepers wear gloves...
    Some outfield players do as well……with short sleeves, never understood that. Saying that I’ve never understood an outfield player wearing gloves full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some outfield players do as well……with short sleeves, never understood that. Saying that I’ve never understood an outfield player wearing gloves full stop.
    That is a bit weird, even in winter I don't get it, soon as you're running about you're sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    A relegation kit if ever I saw one.
    Nice to see that someone is looking forward to the upcoming season with optimism !