+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Is it coming home or going to Rome?

Re: ENGLAND v ITALY. ko 8pm

MATCH STATS

Head-to-head

• England have won just two of their past 14 meetings with Italy in all competitions, a 2-0 success in June 1997 and 2-1 in August 2013 - both in friendly matches.
    • Italy have never lost against England at a major tournament, winning 1-0 at Euro 1980, 2-1 at both the 1990 and 2014 World Cups, and drawing 0-0 before winning on penalties at Euro 2012.

Italy
    • This is Italy's 10th major tournament final with only Germany (14) having played in more among European nations. Italy won the European Championship in 1968, but have lost their subsequent two final appearances in the competition (2000 and 2012).
    • Italy's Roberto Mancini will be just the second manager to have won the English top-flight title and take charge of a European nation in a major tournament final. Sir Alf Ramsey won the old First Division title with Ipswich in 1962 and 1966 World Cup with England.
    • Italy have had 12 shots and scored three goals as a result of a high turnover (open-play sequences beginning 40m or less from an opponent's goalline) at Euro 2020, more than any other side.

England
    • England are the 13th different nation to feature in a European Championship final. Just three of the previous 12 lost their first-ever final in the competition.
    • England have won 15 of their past 17 matches at Wembley in all competitions (D1 L1), scoring 46 goals and conceding just five in this run.
    • England's 2-1 win over Denmark in the semi-final was their eighth win in a major tournament match under Gareth Southgate, moving him level with Ramsey for joint-most victories by an England manager across the two competitions.
    • Harry Kane has been directly involved in 28 goals in his past 27 appearances for England in all competitions (19 goals, 9 assists). One more goal will see him become England's outright highest goalscorer at major tournaments with 11 - a record he currently shares on 10 with Gary Lineker.

Well we were invaded by both.. on balance the English were and continue to be the biggest ***** - so Forza Azzurri! Italy have been better for me in the tournament as well, Italy on pens hopefully. Should be decent game though.

I think Italy have a bit more 'nastiness' and street cred about them which will see them over the line in 90 mins.

I think England will do it. Not much in it in terms of quality. Home advantage 2-0 England.

England to win.

KO at 8pm in England (and the UK) but 9pm in Italy and 10pm in Moscow who were one of the host nations.

If this final finishes in 90minutes then kids in Italy are staying up til 10:45pm to watch their team in the final. This would be extended if it goes to extra time.

Kids in Russia who've watched their team at this tournament are are staying up until at least 11:45pm to see the final.

Ahead of the #EURO2020 Final, FC Cymru assesses the impact of @Cymru playing in a major football tournament: https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/1413788836874833923

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    KO at 8pm in England (and the UK) but 9pm in Italy and 10pm in Moscow who were one of the host nations.

If this final finishes in 90minutes then kids in Italy are staying up til 10:45pm to watch their team in the final. This would be extended if it goes to extra time.

Kids in Russia who've watched their team at this tournament are are staying up until at least 11:45pm to see the final.
    Thank you, I was hoping someone would update us on the on the Russian and Italian kids' parameters for watching the game

Won't someone think of the children of Vladivostok ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Thank you, I was hoping someone would update us on the on the Russian and Italian kids' parameters for watching the game
    Seconded. Essential information.

11.45 pm was standard bed time for my kids when they were small. Me and the missus proper shit parents.

Sounds like England playing 5 defenders. Trippier for Saka.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sounds like England playing 5 defenders. Trippier for Saka.
    With secret weapon Grealish waiting in the wings.

Boring feckers.

Cmon Italy!!! 🇮🇹

Watching the crowds congregating outside Wembley with what we have been told on the news for the last 18 months and particularly this last 4 or 5 weeks is quite surreal.

The news headlines started with pictures around the stadium and outside the teams hotel and its like Covid never happened.

The headlines this week will either be all about the cup winners or the spike in covid cases.

Tough choice!

Yorkshire native in my local. Had a good chat today.

His pov.. Why do Welsh fans hate England and support PL teams, can't understand how so many don't support Cardiff. I agreed to a point, said I dislike how this is the norm but people can support who they want and understand its from glory days, Notts forest fans, Leeds fans, scouser, mancs and now Chelsea man City etc.

I replied with my personal opinion that Southgate is a likeable guy and this team don't seem too ignorant and play as a team, easier to like. They don't force players into the team on ability and go with the 11 that can do it on the pitch, wished him all the best and genuinely don't care if they win or lose, then realised the press will take over tomorrow and rescinded my comment and left it at "you're all OK but your press are *****"

2 nil Italy

Hopefully no plastic white chairs about. Dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

His pov.. Why do Welsh fans hate England and support PL teams, can't understand how so many don't support Cardiff. I agreed to a point, said I dislike how this is the norm but people can support who they want and understand its from glory days, Notts forest fans, Leeds fans, scouser, mancs and now Chelsea man City etc.

I replied with my personal opinion that Southgate is a likeable guy and this team don't seem too ignorant and play as a team, easier to like. They don't force players into the team on ability and go with the 11 that can do it on the pitch, wished him all the best and genuinely don't care if they win or lose, then realised the press will take over tomorrow and rescinded my comment and left it at "you're all OK but your press are *****"

2 nil Italy

In the bag then. They should be able to build up a fantastic lead by the time the Italians join in an hour later.

Build up is getting really tiresome. Piss heads being a nuisance in every small village in England for several hours now and reports of police fighting big crowds trying to break into Wembley.
    I hope I’m wrong but I can see the potential for significant public order problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Build up is getting really tiresome. Piss heads being a nuisance in every small village in England for several hours now and reports of police fighting big crowds trying to break into Wembley.
    I hope I’m wrong but I can see the potential for significant public order problems.
    I hope that England win, not because i'm a fan of England, but because some poor females will take the brunt from their old man in such places as Ramsgate (it's always Ramsgate) and the stupid twats will smash up a few dominos Pizza places because they'll associate it with Italy.

Wembley Way should be renamed Bellend Boulevard. Hope UEFA get England to play behind closed doors for a few games. Shocking scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wembley Way should be renamed Bellend Boulevard. Hope UEFA get England to play behind closed doors for a few games. Shocking scenes.
    What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

2 nil Italy
    Cos they're weird fkers