+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This. Really happy for Italy.

It wouldn't have felt right if England had won this contest when having had a tournament handed them on a platter by UEFA. I think some England fans need to find a chill and not sing about German bombers etc. - some of their fans are massive wankers and Southgate should not have appealed to them - but they've got a likeable squad and going on the right direction.
    I don't agree with this. England were excellent and had this game ended after 45 mins they would have been worthy winners. Italy ground them down. They were wonderful in the group stages, but had England won the tournament it wouldn't have felt wrong at all.

Winner of the tournament tho was the refs. Felt like a step back towards sensible reffing.

Great competition. Loved it. Bring on the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I don't agree with this. England were excellent and had this game ended after 45 mins they would have been worthy winners. Italy ground them down. They were wonderful in the group stages, but had England won the tournament it wouldn't have felt wrong at all.

Winner of the tournament tho was the refs. Felt like a step back towards sensible reffing.

Great competition. Loved it. Bring on the next one
    Think it was 19 attempts on goal to 6 in the end in favour of Italy. England got off to a great start and Italy were certainly rattled, but they grew into the game from about 30 mins and really controlled the game from that point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Think it was 19 attempts on goal to 6 in the end in favour of Italy. England got off to a great start and Italy were certainly rattled, but they grew into the game from about 30 mins and really controlled the game from that point forward.
    I hope we get more analysis of how amazing Italy have done in this tournament from tomorrow onwards rather than more about England.

Italy beat three of FIFA's top 10 in the World and beat two of those without one of the player's of the tournament in Spinazolla. They also beat England at Wembley in front of a crowd with Chiesa (another player of the tournament contender) going off injured with significant part of the game left to play and were the only side to win two penalty shoot-outs.

They didn't even qualify for last World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I hope we get more analysis of how amazing Italy have done in this tournament from tomorrow onwards rather than more about England.

Italy beat three of FIFA's top 10 in the World and beat two of those without one of the player's of the tournament in Spinazolla. They also beat England at Wembley in front of a crowd with Chiesa (another player of the tournament contender) going off injured with significant part of the game left to play and were the only side to win two penalty shoot-outs.

They didn't even qualify for last World Cup.
    well said.