+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Feel quite bad for the kids that missed their kicks.

Horrible way to end for them.

England failed to beat a top 10 side in 90 minutes. So did Wales.

I think England have got a huge amount right this tournament - a lot of credit goes to Ian Mitchell who was sports psychologist for Wales in 2016 - and go into next World Cup as favourites, and probably win it. I think the rest of Europe is looking at Italy and England as the teams to learn from.

Thank f**k we won't have the over the top hype for the next 50 years

1-0 and you fecked it up!

Best team won. Southgate bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Feel quite bad for the kids that missed their kicks.

Horrible way to end for them.
    They’re young, they’ve got 55 years to put things right

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    The best team in the competition won.
    This. Really happy for Italy.

It wouldn't have felt right if England had won this contest when having had a tournament handed them on a platter by UEFA. I think some England fans need to find a chill and not sing about German bombers etc. - some of their fans are massive wankers and Southgate should not have appealed to them - but they've got a likeable squad and going on the right direction.

Hindsight is great but I dont understand why Southgate felt he needed to bring Rashford and Sancho on at that stage.

Feel for the young lads who missed but praise the Lord.

Awful pens. Suprised Grealish and Sterling werent in the 1st 5.

Feel sorry for Saka . Real lack of balls by Shaw and sterling not to step up, why leave it to a 19yr old. What a joke rashford was, more interested in a photogenic penalty than in scoring the bloody thing. Southgate looks a right idiot, brings on sancho and rashford specifically for penalties 🤣🤣

Not the greatest Italian team ever but Mancini exceptional, brilliantly exposing Southgate’s limitations.

I don't think England can have any complaints. Italy outplayed them over 90 minutes, although the extra time was more even.

What was the point of keeping Sterling on for 120 minutes if he wasn't going to take a penalty?

Put the youngest kid on the 5th penalty. Glad they lost but Southgate has to take the blame for that, poor decisions in the end. Let Twitter revenge begin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hindsight is great but I dont understand why Southgate felt he needed to bring Rashford and Sancho on at that stage.
    Especially when defending a corner. Nearly lost them the game there and then

sterlings last pass was dreadful in almost every occasion

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This. Really happy for Italy.

It wouldn't have felt right if England had won this contest when having had a tournament handed them on a platter by UEFA. I think some England fans need to find a chill and not sing about German bombers etc. - some of their fans are massive wankers and Southgate should not have appealed to them - but they've got a likeable squad and going on the right direction.
    I don't agree with this. England were excellent and had this game ended after 45 mins they would have been worthy winners. Italy ground them down. They were wonderful in the group stages, but had England won the tournament it wouldn't have felt wrong at all.

Winner of the tournament tho was the refs. Felt like a step back towards sensible reffing.

Great competition. Loved it. Bring on the next one

Is there still a bank holiday tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Especially when defending a corner. Nearly lost them the game there and then
    Pickford, Phillips and Shaw can all hit a better ball than Rashford.

I hope there are no italian cars parked near Wemberley.

I don't agree with this. England were excellent and had this game ended after 45 mins they would have been worthy winners. Italy ground them down. They were wonderful in the group stages, but had England won the tournament it wouldn't have felt wrong at all.

Winner of the tournament tho was the refs. Felt like a step back towards sensible reffing.

Having said that.... Thank **** Italy won it. Living in England... It would have been unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Put the youngest kid on the 5th penalty. Glad they lost but Southgate has to take the blame for that, poor decisions in the end. Let Twitter revenge begin.
    Should be sacked. Mancini hustled him and he became more and more negative.

Think it was 19 attempts on goal to 6 in the end in favour of Italy. England got off to a great start and Italy were certainly rattled, but they grew into the game from about 30 mins and really controlled the game from that point forward.

I'm as little bit surprised that Southgate, after his own personal experience, thought it was a good idea for Saka to take the fifth penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm as little bit surprised that Southgate, after his own personal experience, thought it was a good idea for Saka to take the fifth penalty.
    There might have been a team decision. It also could have been that players who wanted to have a go got the nod and other players backed away.