+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    As soon as England lost there would be questions on negative selection.

Foden walks into the Italian team. Doesnt even kick the ball in the final. England have better strikers who didnt even make the plane than Immobile and Belotti.

Grealish Sancho Saka etc all bit part players.

The Italians deserved the win , England have had a superb tournament and been edged out. We will never know what would have happened if say theyd played 1 DM and added another attacking player.
    England had a very good tournament but they played 6 out of 7 games at home and despite this failed to beat a top 10 nation in normal time. While rankings flawed, no way Czechia should be ranked FIFA's 40th best side, officially they played against as many sides in FIFA's 40s as the top 10, beat a Croatia side not as good as they were 3 years ago, a Germany side not as good as they were 5 years ago and a Ukraine side with top players injured in a round too far for them.

Performances were very good, attitude was very good but it's surely a bit much to say they had a superb tournament?

Italy beat 3 teams in the top 10 (1 in normal time), beat 2 teams ranked 10-20 (same as England) and beat the the 2 teams they played ranked 20-30. They didn't face anyone outside top 30 and had a much better tournament overall.

Foden walks into the Italian team. Doesnt even kick the ball in the final. England have better strikers who didnt even make the plane than Immobile and Belotti.

The Italians deserved the win , England have had a superb tournament and been edged out. We will never know what would have happened if say theyd played 1 DM and added another attacking player.
    Foden was injured

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    4 inches the other way ......

Sounds like a decent film that .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ahead of who? One of the players of the tournament in Chiesa? Insigne who's had a wonderful season with Napoli? Serie A winner Barella?

English teams and players are hugely overhyped. Foden's a good player but he doesn't "walk into" the best team at the tournament. Had England been on the other side of the draw they'd have been knocked out well before the final
    Fair point on the players you mention all top quality.

If Foden was Italian I think axing Immobile and playing Insigne through the centre improves them.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If they lose there will be carnage all over England tonight. A full day on the piss and more disappointment will be the catalyst for major disorder.
    "Euro 2020: Warning over spikes in domestic abuse during England matches | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...64404.html?amp

You'd think it was only after Wales rugby matches if you read this board, but England football fans as well...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Euro 2020: Warning over spikes in domestic abuse during England matches | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...64404.html?amp

You'd think it was only after Wales rugby matches if you read this board, but England football fans as well...
    and England rugby fans, and old firm football fans, and people who go to office Christmas parties.
    the problem is related to alcohol rather than the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and England rugby fans, and old firm football fans, and people who go to office Christmas parties.
    Black Friday anyone?

Yes, that's what the article basically says.

They've really shit the bed with this final, crap performance and quite rightly getting absolutely slated by all media today for the fans behaviour... predictable twats.. Rio Ferdinand - never want to hear that guys opinions on anything ever again!

England did not have a superb tournament
    They had barely any travelling apart from one game which was against a team who were out on their feet after playing extra time in the last 16.
    They had a final at home against a team who had some injuries to key players and had to beat Belguim and Soain to get there.
    Apart from 20 minutes at the start of the match they were clearly the better team
    Phil Foden does not walk into their team
    He is a good player but really is over hyped

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    England did not have a superb tournament
    They had barely any travelling apart from one game which was against a team who were out on their feet after playing extra time in the last 16.
    They had a final at home against a team who had some injuries to key players and had to beat Belguim and Soain to get there.
    Apart from 20 minutes at the start of the match they were clearly the better team
    Phil Foden does not walk into their team
    He is a good player but really is over hyped
    What's lack of traveling got to do with having a good tournament?

What's lack of traveling got to do with having a good tournament?
    It means they had the easiest route of anytime in the tournament.
    Less travelling time means more training and recovery time.
    It's not hard to understand
    It was more of a factor in this tournament as it was spread over so many countries
    England only had to leave London once

It means they had the easiest route of anytime in the tournament.
    Less travelling time means more training and recovery time.
    It's not hard to understand
    It was more of a factor in this tournament as it was spread over so many countries
    England only had to leave London once
    Italy had a great tournament because they won it. How far did they travel?

Italy had a great tournament because they won it. How far did they travel?

Really?
    After the group games they played all the 4 knock out games outside Italy
    They knockout Spain and Belgium
    Ranked 6 and top in the rankings on neutral grounds.
    England beat Germany ranked 12 at home
    Only game away from home was against Ukraine ranked 24th
    Italy beat England in the final in England
    Is that enough reasons for you to see the difference between the good and average?
    Anything else you need explaining I'm happy to oblige

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If England are mediocre, what does that make the 22 teams who didn't make the final?
    So the finalist in the fa Cup are the best teams?
    If England had met France/Italy/Belgium in the last 16 that would have been as far as they went.

So the finalist in the fa Cup are the best teams?
    If England had met France/Italy/Belgium in the last 16 that would have been as far as they went.
    No, 'mediocre' is the key word. England are clearly not mediocre.

I predicted that France would beat England in the last 16, but can you really say France 'would' have won? In hindsight, now we know that Switzerland knocked them out, I don't think so.

No, 'mediocre' is the key word. England are clearly not mediocre.

I predicted that France would beat England in the last 16, but can you really say France 'would' have won? In hindsight, now we know that Switzerland knocked them out, I don't think so.
    France should have beaten the Swiss.
    But being France they got lazy thinking it was all done at 3-1 then came unstuck.
    If England played France tomorrow I know who I would put my money on.

But being France they got lazy thinking it was all done at 3-1 then came unstuck.
    on the other hand, Italy were the best team in the tournament and needed penalties to beat England.
    England could have beaten or lost to any of the other to sides

None of that means England are mediocre.

None of that means England are mediocre.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...ile-gws-wiz-hp

I stand by what I said !

As pointed out above, only meaningful shot on goal, was in the 2nd minute.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...ile-gws-wiz-hp

I stand by what I said !

As pointed out above, only meaningful shot on goal, was in the 2nd minute.
    You might want to Google the word 'average' while you're at it.

on the other hand, Italy were the best team in the tournament and needed penalties to beat England.
    England could have beaten or lost to any of the other to sides
    Agreed Italy were worthy winners.
    But apart from the early goal when England caught them cold do you think England looked like scoring?
    Only one team was trying to win it in extra time and it wasn't England

England have one of the best international squads around. Its their clueless (but lovely) manager who plays 5 at the back and two DM's thats the problem. How he hasn't used the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Rashford properly is sackable. They should've walked this tournament, and if they replace Southgate with a half decent manager, they're in with a shout to win the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    England have one of the best international squads around. Its their clueless (but lovely) manager who plays 5 at the back and two DM's thats the problem. How he hasn't used the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Rashford properly is sackable. They should've walked this tournament, and if they replace Southgate with a half decent manager, they're in with a shout to win the world cup.
    Someone with tactical nous may have won them the trophy. Mancini reacted and Southgate didn't.

Luckily, the chances of him getting sacked are tiny.