+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 1 ITALY. Italy win on pens

England have one of the best international squads around. Its their clueless (but lovely) manager who plays 5 at the back and two DM's thats the problem. How he hasn't used the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Rashford properly is sackable. They should've walked this tournament, and if they replace Southgate with a half decent manager, they're in with a shout to win the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...ile-gws-wiz-hp

I stand by what I said !

As pointed out above, only meaningful shot on goal, was in the 2nd minute.
    You might want to Google the word 'average' while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    England have one of the best international squads around. Its their clueless (but lovely) manager who plays 5 at the back and two DM's thats the problem. How he hasn't used the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Rashford properly is sackable. They should've walked this tournament, and if they replace Southgate with a half decent manager, they're in with a shout to win the world cup.
    Someone with tactical nous may have won them the trophy. Mancini reacted and Southgate didn't.

Luckily, the chances of him getting sacked are tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Really?
    After the group games they played all the 4 knock out games outside Italy
    They knockout Spain and Belgium
    Ranked 6 and top in the rankings on neutral grounds.
    England beat Germany ranked 12 at home
    Only game away from home was against Ukraine ranked 24th
    Italy beat England in the final in England
    Is that enough reasons for you to see the difference between the good and average?
    Anything else you need explaining I'm happy to oblige
    The other fella was right. You're not very bright.

Once the euphoria of reaching a final settles, as well as the disappointment of losing it, I think if I were English now I’d have to feel like kicking myself at having not won that tournament with all that was in their favour.

England’s progress felt par for me and in a way almost doesn't feel like as much of an achievement on reflection as being finalists should confer. Before the tournament I think semis would have been a fair expectation, with the draw and how the group games settled then I think finalist would be a fair expectation - winners with home advantage (especially in Covid period).

England have some fantastic players but the games I saw felt like they were trying to do the bare minimum required. In fairness, it nearly was all that was required in the end. For me, they needed one big performance this tournament and they didn’t deliver. Feels like a big opportunity missed.

England had everything in their favour and came up short, again. They will never have a better chance of winning a major championship.

They are definitely better than mediocre but in my opinion lack the stuff of champions, whatever that maybe.

Looking further forward, if Spain can find a goalscorer in the next 18 months, look out the rest of the world.

As for England dominating for the next 10 years, that's euphoria talking after their semi-final win. Unfortunately for England, other countries will improve too and they tend to do it a tad better than our dear neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    England had everything in their favour and came up short, again. They will never have a better chance of winning a major championship.

They are definitely better than mediocre but in my opinion lack the stuff of champions, whatever that maybe.

Looking further forward, if Spain can find a goalscorer in the next 18 months, look out the rest of the world.

As for England dominating for the next 10 years, that's euphoria talking after their semi-final win. Unfortunately for England, other countries will improve too and they tend to do it a tad better than our dear neighbours.
    they'll be in with a chance any the next couple of tournaments though

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The other fella was right. You're not very bright.
    So you have no comeback to back up your view?
    No stats to show that you were right.
    Enough said
    You are a tube

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they'll be in with a chance any the next couple of tournaments though
    With the number of quality players they have, they will always be in with a shout. However, with the possible exception of Greece 2004 and Portugal 2016, you need something special to bag yourself a major international trophy. And in my opinion, this is where England are found wanting.

For instance, they come nowhere near the great Spain sides of a few years back and lack the brilliance shown at times by the French in the last World Cup.

They are consistent, hard to beat, have depth to their squad but it usually takes a bit more than that.