+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Isaac Vassell Yesterday

Isaac Vassell Yesterday

No he hasn't done a Beatles cover before Blue Tit or some other smart arse comedian comments

It was great to see him get game time yesterday and score a goal which meant so much for the player and his team mates judging by their reaction..
    Hopefully he can get back upto match fitness and offer us another option up front this season.
    Could be like a new signing

Re: Isaac Vassell Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No he hasn't done a Beatles cover before Blue Tit or some other smart arse comedian comments

It was great to see him get game time yesterday and score a goal which meant so much for the player and his team mates judging by their reaction..
    Hopefully he can get back upto match fitness and offer us another option up front this season.
    Could be like a new signing
    Yes, I noticed that players like Pack and Flint made a special point of congratulating him on his goal. Liked Collins' first goal, that was a decent bit if finishing and Isaak Davies was from a good move.

The plan seems to be to loan one of Vassell or Harris (one of quite a few absentees yesterday) out this season, but I'd be surprised if there'd be many clubs willing to take the risk on Vassell.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I noticed that players like Pack and Flint made a special point of congratulating him on his goal. Liked Collins' first goal, that was a decent bit if finishing and Isaak Davies was from a good move.

The plan seems to be to loan one of Vassell or Harris (one of quite a few absentees yesterday) out this season, but I'd be surprised if there'd be many clubs willing to take the risk on Vassell.
    Harris played 2nd half didnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought he did to

I'd keep Vassell in the squad and give him game time in the friendlies and cup games to see how it goes if he does well it's a bonus if not get him loaned out in January

Do we think he’s well enough to go more than a few weeks without injury ?
    I seriously doubt it at this stage.

Maybe he's not as brittle as we think. Looking back previous seasons he managed 45+ games a season for three consecutive years. Let's hope at the very least we get a chance to see him play for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd keep Vassell in the squad and give him game time in the friendlies and cup games to see how it goes if he does well it's a bonus if not get him loaned out in January

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So he did, sorry about that.

So he did, sorry about that.
    Harris didn't do a lot, so I'm not surprised you hadn't noticed him, mind you, neither did many of the 2nd half team.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Harris didn't do a lot, so I'm not surprised you hadn't noticed him, mind you, neither did many of the 2nd half team.
    Mark Harris? I just don't know about him, he's positive when facing the opposition goal but not great when he's facing our goal. He's got something, but i'm not sure it will ever be enough at championship level.

I wonder whether a league one would take him on a pay as you play, low risk for a good player if he’s fit ( a big if!)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    I wonder whether a league one would take him on a pay as you play, low risk for a good player if he’s fit ( a big if!)
    why would he agree to that?

what is the obsession in this board with pay as you play

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

My thoughts exactly.

Does it actually exist? No one in their right mind is going to take a contract like that when they have 2 years to run at an established championship club.

I suppose it all comes down to whether the player's desire to play regular games makes him prepared to give up what is probably a very good guaranteed wage for the next season or more. The cynic in me thinks that the answer is a pretty obvious one, which doesn't just apply to football of course.

The only time I could see most players accepting a pay as you play deal is when they're out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Does it actually exist? No one in their right mind is going to take a contract like that when they have 2 years to run at an established championship club.
    😀

did a quick Google to see if there are any good examples in the real world.
    the papers were saying that Owen Hargreaves was being offered a pay as you play deal by Man utd at the end of his injury ravaged time there, but he ended up signing for someone else.
    there was also a deal doe Andy Carroll that was billed as being pay as you play at Newcastle, but the base salary was over a million quid a year even if he didn't play a single game.

can't see any player exiting an existing full time contract for one that sees them covering a large amount of risk

Because it's what everybody wishes we'd originally offered Robbie Fowler

I suppose it all comes down to whether the player's desire to play regular games makes him prepared to give up what is probably a very good guaranteed wage for the next season or more. The cynic in me thinks that the answer is a pretty obvious one, which doesn't just apply to football of course.

The only time I could see most players accepting a pay as you play deal is when they're out of contract.
    He would have to be a bit more tha simple to give up a guaranteed wage for one based on 1 his fitness which is mostly out of his control and 2 even if he was fit he has no choice on selection.