+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Idiots at Wembley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Idiots at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Football fans who are drunk often act up, as City fans we know this only too well, young men getting hammered will always be a issue

It is hardly a new thing ticketless fans trying to get into a ground, lets not kid ourselves and think if it was Wales / Scotland in the final, people inside wouldnt be trying to open the emergency gates/doors to let mates in, you can only guess it went like this, a few distract security guard at gate/door, someone opens it, mates flood in

People will say " yes but its normally England fans " they do have form for it, but they also qualify for a very high % of tournaments and take good numbers away, so its likely to happen every 2 years

I must say Cardiff fans must have very short memories as some on here appear to think we are Angels
    Im fairly certain if Wales were in that final we wouldnt have seen yesterdays storming of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im fairly certain if Wales were in that final we wouldnt have seen yesterdays storming of the gate.
    I am reminded of this tweet from earlier in the tournament
    https://twitter.com/Nick_Pettigrew/s...878674945?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah I don't like the whole "everyone else would do it" narrative that's being spun by some. Wales fans' behaviour at Euro 2016 was exemplary, earned an award from UEFA and praise from local & national press. I'm almost 100% certain Wales fans would not have done some of the things England fans have at this tournament

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I don't like the whole "everyone else would do it" narrative that's being spun by some. Wales fans' behaviour at Euro 2016 was exemplary, earned an award from UEFA and praise from local & national press. I'm almost 100% certain Wales fans would not have done some of the things England fans have at this tournament
    Exactly, many went to France ticketless and were content to watch in bars or fan zones, wouldn’t have entered their heads to storm the stadium gates.