Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiots at Wembley

Idiots at Wembley

Re: Idiots at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Ticketless fans apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57799271

Fair play to the security bloke taking big hacks at the morons breaking through, he's got some guts. I hope he manages to seriously hurt a couple , maybe it will teach them a lesson

Morons on the loose again. Would this happen in another Country?

Thats English fans waiting for Italian fans and giving them a beating

What brave warriors they are

Hurrah for Boris , England and St George

A few banning orders on the cards there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I think the ones getting attacked burst into the stadium without tickets ???

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    That’s what I thought, looked like quite old England fans stopping them

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just send 20 Russians to sort them out

that's no reason to start throwing haymakers and kicking people repeatedly in the head when they're on the floor.

looked like they were using any excuse to start throwing punches indiscriminately

No they were trying to get out once they found out it was £20 a pint

England paying for UEFA's Christmas party almost singlehandedly now #Euro2020

https://twitter.com/stvstheworld/sta...25911495786503
    This tweet is more about the booing of Italy's anthem and pitch-invaders rather than the shocking physical violence or concerning St John's Ambulance stat being shared. Football fans need to try to be good ambassadors, which is why us singing about Russian hooligans doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Ticketless fans apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57799271
    Apparently? Well I never.

Why would fans WITH tickets storm their way in?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Boris Johnson is an anagram of risohnso nob

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes, if it's the older England fans slapping trouble making ticket less chavvies for getting in without tickets, well done to them! Doing the job that the out numbered stewards or our gutless police cannot and will not do

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Boris Johnson is an anagram of risohnso nob
    No J BigJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, if it's the older England fans slapping trouble making ticket less chavvies for getting in without tickets, well done to them! Doing the job that the out numbered stewards or our gutless police cannot and will not do
    It was the police's job to sort it out as fans can, and often do, take it too far.

There will be multiple stories about England fans from last night but we need to recognise it could be any fanbase - so often England but could be anyone - and make the effort to be good ambassadors instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I don't say well done to them at all. they were things who took any opportunity to violently attack people. punching children in the face, a group of men kicking someone who was prone on the floor multiple times in the head.

they are thugs who should be arrested.

if you see someone going into a cinema or a concert without tickets then I'm sure you would immediately start wading in punching them left right and centre. why is it any different at a stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

There will be multiple stories about England fans from last night but we need to recognise it could be any fanbase - so often England but could be anyone
    Football fans who are drunk often act up, as City fans we know this only too well, young men getting hammered will always be a issue

It is hardly a new thing ticketless fans trying to get into a ground, lets not kid ourselves and think if it was Wales / Scotland in the final, people inside wouldnt be trying to open the emergency gates/doors to let mates in, you can only guess it went like this, a few distract security guard at gate/door, someone opens it, mates flood in

People will say " yes but its normally England fans " they do have form for it, but they also qualify for a very high % of tournaments and take good numbers away, so its likely to happen every 2 years

I must say Cardiff fans must have very short memories as some on here appear to think we are Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

if you see someone going into a cinema or a concert without tickets then I'm sure you would immediately start wading in punching them left right and centre. why is it any different at a stadium?
    Drink / Drugs and a mob mentality

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Football fans who are drunk often act up, as City fans we know this only too well, young men getting hammered will always be a issue

It is hardly a new thing ticketless fans trying to get into a ground, lets not kid ourselves and think if it was Wales / Scotland in the final, people inside wouldnt be trying to open the emergency gates/doors to let mates in, you can only guess it went like this, a few distract security guard at gate/door, someone opens it, mates flood in

People will say " yes but its normally England fans " they do have form for it, but they also qualify for a very high % of tournaments and take good numbers away, so its likely to happen every 2 years

I must say Cardiff fans must have very short memories as some on here appear to think we are Angels
    Im fairly certain if Wales were in that final we wouldnt have seen yesterdays storming of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I disagree with parts of your take on it: I feel saying other fans would have done it creates the idea that it's okay at future events - it's not - and that the only reason it's England fans is because they travel in high numbers but Wales fans travelled to Bordeaux without the scenes of last night.

Admittedly, since that time we've had some internal complaints about our behaviour (not on the scale of last night) which is why I think we need to focus on creating a want to act as good ambassadors, and a sense of perspective, rather than rushing to absolve the worst behaviour of a large fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im fairly certain if Wales were in that final we wouldnt have seen yesterdays storming of the gate.
    I am reminded of this tweet from earlier in the tournament
    https://twitter.com/Nick_Pettigrew/s...878674945?s=19