+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiots at Wembley

First Team

Re: Idiots at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Football fans who are drunk often act up, as City fans we know this only too well, young men getting hammered will always be a issue

It is hardly a new thing ticketless fans trying to get into a ground, lets not kid ourselves and think if it was Wales / Scotland in the final, people inside wouldnt be trying to open the emergency gates/doors to let mates in, you can only guess it went like this, a few distract security guard at gate/door, someone opens it, mates flood in

People will say " yes but its normally England fans " they do have form for it, but they also qualify for a very high % of tournaments and take good numbers away, so its likely to happen every 2 years

I must say Cardiff fans must have very short memories as some on here appear to think we are Angels
    Don’t make excuses for what was a night of completely shameful behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't say well done to them at all. they were things who took any opportunity to violently attack people. punching children in the face, a group of men kicking someone who was prone on the floor multiple times in the head.

they are thugs who should be arrested.

if you see someone going into a cinema or a concert without tickets then I'm sure you would immediately start wading in punching them left right and centre. why is it any different at a stadium?
    Someone going into a cinema or a concert without tickets is completely different to the pissed up, or coked up gang mentality of the chavvies trying to bust their way into Wembley Stadium! If the scummers who did try to get in, got way with it, they will try and do it again. If they got a rightful slapping they may well think about doing it again. I know I would have, if at say 17 with a few mates I managed to push my way aggressively through a crowd to get into Ninian Park and instead of seeing a sold out game was introduced to a few hard slaps and kicks. Once again, well done the blokes who sorted those tw@ts out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im fairly certain if Wales were in that final we wouldnt have seen yesterdays storming of the gate.
    Yeah I don't like the whole "everyone else would do it" narrative that's being spun by some. Wales fans' behaviour at Euro 2016 was exemplary, earned an award from UEFA and praise from local & national press. I'm almost 100% certain Wales fans would not have done some of the things England fans have at this tournament

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I don't like the whole "everyone else would do it" narrative that's being spun by some. Wales fans' behaviour at Euro 2016 was exemplary, earned an award from UEFA and praise from local & national press. I'm almost 100% certain Wales fans would not have done some of the things England fans have at this tournament
    Exactly, many went to France ticketless and were content to watch in bars or fan zones, wouldn’t have entered their heads to storm the stadium gates.

I'd be extremely surprised if this was the only Italian restaurant that was trashed in England after last night's game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd be extremely surprised if this was the only Italian restaurant that was trashed in England after last night's game!
    Its alright tho, don't call the police just get some Italian mobsters to sort it out, give them a bit of a slap back.

It's ok, in the pics, the seats are wooden, those England fans would've been very confused to see wood and not white plastic, and probably retreated into their caves scratching their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats English fans waiting for Italian fans and giving them a beating

What brave warriors they are

Hurrah for Boris , England and St George
    And ironically the red cross of St George that they love to raise aloft was adopted from the city of Genoa. Not that they would have a clue about that.

Absolute knuckle draggers.

Night and day the difference in how Welsh fans conducted themselves in France 2016. We have our fair share of idiots, for sure, but the scale of the English idiocy on display yesterday was off the charts.

It was the only one in Sleaford I think. There was a pizza moped in Kings Lynn with a flat tyre but they’re not 100% sure whether it was deliberate or not. Might just be the valve leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    And ironically the red cross of St George that they love to raise aloft was adopted from the city of Genoa. Not that they would have a clue about that.

Absolute knuckle draggers.

Night and day the difference in how Welsh fans conducted themselves in France 2016. We have our fair share of idiots, for sure, but the scale of the English idiocy on display yesterday was off the charts.
    I did not know that

News in the media saying there is apparently going to be a bid for the World Cup tournament in 2030 between UK & Ireland.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...n-eu-euro-2020

The term "pissing in the wind" comes to mind after what happened at Wembley. More stories further coming out after the utter chaos up there. Players families abused, groups of yobs trying to steal tickets off people as they approached the gates, makes you wonder what the policing (or lack of it) was like.

Even if the UK offered FIFA the biggest back hander ever (which they seem to enjoy) still won't be enough to temp FIFA to hold it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    News in the media saying there is apparently going to be a bid for the World Cup tournament in 2030 between UK & Ireland.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...n-eu-euro-2020

The term "pissing in the wind" comes to mind after what happened at Wembley. More stories further coming out after the utter chaos up there. Players families abused, groups of yobs trying to steal tickets off people as they approached the gates, makes you wonder what the policing (or lack of it) was like.

Even if the UK offered FIFA the biggest back hander ever (which they seem to enjoy) still won't be enough to temp FIFA to hold it here.
    Boris mentioned the intention to bid for 2030 at the start his covid broadcast yesterday.
    I hope they get nowhere near hosting it.

World Cup matches in Cardiff?....yes please. Less likely after Sunday though.

I almost don't want it, you know it would start as a joint UK and Ireland bid, but by the time it came down to it there would be one game at Hampden and the rest in England. with both semis and the final at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Its alright tho, don't call the police just get some Italian mobsters to sort it out, give them a bit of a slap back.
    Damn right, as anyone who has had problems with local chavvies knows the police are worse than useless. Give the feckers a good hard slapping. Not on CCTV though!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It was the only one in Sleaford I think. There was a pizza moped in Kings Lynn with a flat tyre but they’re not 100% sure whether it was deliberate or not. Might just be the valve leaking.
    Nah, a window was put in in an Italian restaurant in Kentish town according to my mate. Can't prove that it was English footie chavvies
    on the rampage though.

I'm mainly surprised anyone could get in! I personally dont think Wales fans would have done the same but the security at Euro 16 seemed so tight i dont see how anyone could have even attempted it.

Quote Originally Posted by connersccfc View Post
    I'm mainly surprised anyone could get in! I personally dont think Wales fans would have done the same but the security at Euro 16 seemed so tight i dont see how anyone could have even attempted it.
    It was reported that entry was gained through forcing a way through disabled access gates, an exit gate "had been left open" (opened by mates inside??) plus some lads were giving their mates a piggyback through the turnstiles. One ticket, two entries. The latter would eliminate half our fans if they tried to force entry for a home match. The turnstiles are tight enough as it is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ds-his-actions

One of the organisers of the storming of Wembley by thousands of ticketless fans has defended the widely criticised breach, as more details emerged about the scale of the security lapse.

Pablo (not his real name), a 24-year-old from the Midlands, was one of the administrators of a Telegram chat group of hundreds of ticketless fans who shared tips about getting into Sunday’s final. Hours before the kickoff those who succeeded advised those still outside on where breaches had been made, he explained.

Speaking to the Guardian he gave details of how he and about 300 fans entered via a disabled entrance in block K, and he claimed others bribed stewards to get in. He estimated that at least 5,000 entered without a ticket.

A general view outside the stadium along Wembley Way before the Euro 2020 final between Italy and England at Wembley stadium.
    Ticketless fans storm Wembley for Euro 2020 final – video timeline
    Read more
    Pablo said he decided to join the so-called “Wembley jib” or entering without a ticket, after trying every day last week to get a legitimate ticket.

He said: “I just thought my Dad is 52 and he’s never seen England in a final at Wembley. And it might never happen again in my lifetime. There were 30,000 spare seats, and we didn’t sit in anyone’s seat.”

Pablo set up a Telegram chat of around 200 ticketless fans. He was also the member of separate chat group with 500 members called “the Wembley Jib”, and was aware of another two other groups including one with 800 members.

Pablo drove down from the Midlands with nine ticketless friends in two cars. All but one of them got in to see the game. He took £250 in cash to pay officials but did not need to use it.

Last week images of real tickets were shared on the chat group, which members used to forge in their own names. Pablo and his friends used such fake tickets to get past a first security check at about 5.15pm. He then regularly checked the Telegram chat for updates on where security had been breached.

Members on the chat claim they had got in by bribing stewards for as little as £20. One member said he got in after paying a steward £120. In an audio message on the chat heard by the Guardian, the man explained how the steward had told him to “put the money in my pocket as I’m patting you down”. The man said: “It was probably more than he earned on that shift. Money talks.”

Pablo said: “A lot of stewards seemed more than willing to help. We offered one £200 to let five of us in. At about quarter to seven, we were waiting for the steward’s mate to show up and that’s when we saw a disabled door open so we just ran through.”

“Every time a disabled entrance was opened there must have been 300 people who got in. And it seemed that every 10 minutes one got yanked open. And that doesn’t count the people who bribed stewards or went behind someone in the turnstiles. I would be shocked if there was less than 5,000 got in without a ticket.”

He added: “When we got in everyone was chanting ‘jib, jib, jib’ up the escalators. We found five empty seats. A family came and one of us was sat in their seat, and they seemed a bit moody, but we just moved along one and no one else came.”

In reference to video showing fans attacking ticketless fans who breached security, Pablo said: “We didn’t harm anyone. The people causing the trouble were the ones fighting ticketless fans.”

Asked how Wembley could stop similar breaches Pablo said: “If there were four of five police officers behind each disabled entrance, that would deter people. Stewards aren’t enough to put you off. But Wembley probably won’t be jibbed on that scale again unless we get the World Cup in 2030.”

An FA spokesperson said a full investigation will take place, in collaboration with police. “The security and stewarding numbers for the final exceeded the requirements for the match and were greater than any other previous event at Wembley stadium,” the spokesperson added.

Another Hillsborough avoided more by luck than anything else:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57829412

If I was a terror cell in the UK I'd be looking at this as a brilliant opportunity. I'm surprised at how easy it seems for these groups of ticketless fans to get in.

I'm more concerned with how Tom Cruise got in - rushed over from the Wimbledon final and taking up the space of a real football fan.

Met warned the FA many ticketless fans were on their way. FA claim it was areas controlled by the police where the trouble was....nothing to do with us guv. Police say their action prevented the match from being called off. One day it will be us v Jacks at Wembley. That could prove a challenge to police.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Met warned the FA many ticketless fans were on their way. FA claim it was areas controlled by the police where the trouble was....nothing to do with us guv. Police say their action prevented the match from being called off. One day it will be us v Jacks at Wembley. That could prove a challenge to police.
    If they can cope with Millwall at Wembley they'll cope with us. We won't storm the gates either.

The trouble will be up and down the m4 corridor trying to stop pre arranged meets.