+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People like this are able to vote

People like this are able to vote

BBC News - Racist abuse of England players Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho & Bukayo Saka condemned by FA
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57800431

International

Re: People like this are able to vote

But sludge, you're able to vote and many people would strongly disagree with your beliefs and political affiliations.
    for better or worse it's democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    BBC News - Racist abuse of England players Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho & Bukayo Saka condemned by FA
    The biggest impact would be if all sports people came off twitter for good - do they really need it in their lives - it would close down fairly quickly as surely other people in celebrity walks of life would follow suit?

Plenty of other media platforms for them to use?

Twitter is raking in millions and yet is complicit and condones this scummy content time and time again

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But sludge, you're able to vote and many people would strongly disagree with your beliefs and political affiliations.
    Very much for the worse I'm afraid.

I agree Sludge, does make you wonder.

I'll just point out we've got a proven racist as UK Prime Minister. Interestingly, he's condemned the racist abuse of Rashford, Saka and Sancho with the following comment.

"Please leave our Piccaninnies alone and remember how much pleasure their water melon smiles have given you..."

Disclaimer" Boris may or may not have said that last comment?

But sludge, you're able to vote and many people would strongly disagree with your beliefs and political affiliations. for better or worse it's democracy.
    While racists tend to migrate to certain parties, being a vile racist bigoted twat is NOT a political belief that needs to included in the political or public discourse.

There is a world of difference between vile racist abuse and perfectly legitimate political beliefs. Ridiculous post.

There is a difference between not liking the Tories and sending racially offensive , criminal messages to someone

That's illegal

But sludge, you're able to vote and many people would strongly disagree with your beliefs and political affiliations. for better or worse it's democracy.
    If these racists are caught and prosecuted then they won't get to vote while serving their sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    If these racists are caught and prosecuted then they won't get to vote while serving their sentences.
    I've seen some of the disgusting comments this morning online. Most hide behind false troll names however i was amazed to see actual people, full name, photograph and even their employment under their picture posting racist stuff. I really just don't understand the hate in these people. Hopefully time will be served.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I've seen some of the disgusting comments this morning online. Most hide behind false troll names however i was amazed to see actual people, full name, photograph and even their employment under their picture posting racist stuff. I really just don't understand the hate in these people. Hopefully time will be served.
    What like this one https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/new...t-euro-tweets/

Come on Sludge, you're being unfair; without stolid patriots like these we'd never have achieved Brexit. That nice Mr Farage says these people are the salt of the Earth.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Very much for the worse I'm afraid.
    Probably. But the alternatives are even worse.

International

That's the best way to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I know but do not associate with people who use the word nggr and other crap I would ask the question why did God give them oxygen?

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There is a world of difference between vile racist abuse and perfectly legitimate political beliefs. Ridiculous post.
    What is ridiculous about it? Do you think that you can take away a person's right to vote, whatever you may think of them or however loathsome you personally think they are just because of what they may say or think?
    It is the same as so many on here over the last couple of years who have suggested or actually stated that anyone who voted tory should not be allowed to vote.
    Both things may be an opinion, and you may have what in your mind are good reasons for saying it, but that is not democracy.

If you achieve the desired removal of voting rights from one group what is to prevent you moving on to the next group you disagree with and the next and the next?

First Team

Equating Sludge with the vile racists is going too far (right).

First Team

What is ridiculous about it? Do you think that you can take away a person's right to vote, whatever you may think of them or however loathsome you personally think they are just because of what they may say or think?
    It is the same as so many on here over the last couple of years who have suggested or actually stated that anyone who voted tory should not be allowed to vote.
    Both things may be an opinion, and you may have what in your mind are good reasons for saying it, but that is not democracy.

If you achieve the desired removal of voting rights from one group what is to prevent you moving on to the next group you disagree with and the next and the next?
    You are of course correct. I'd defend your right to vote despite the fact you believe in a plethora of numb-nuts completely-unfounded conspiracy theories, are a bit of a fibber, and, appear to be on the right of Bozo.

You daft idiot

Being a pompous tory or a annoying wolfie Smith lefty is one thing but racists are fecking pond life

I could have put these people have children or some of these people have jobs or girlfriends

Its the same ironic message , they are racist twats

Ummm Yeah, people who go to prison for their crimes do have their voting rights removed. And these are crimes they committed, not just horrible opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Sacked in the morning
    he's gonna get sacked in the morning...

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    You are of course correct. I'd defend your right to vote despite the fact you believe in a plethora of numb-nuts completely-unfounded conspiracy theories, are a bit of a fibber, and, appear to be on the right of Bozo.
    You are an insulting little cnut aren't you, considering you don't know me or anything about me. I have never expounded any conspiracy theory, neither do I lie. Its easy to accuse someone of that hiding behind a keyboard.
    You'll probably be telling everyone I'm a racist next. Just because I don't agree with you.

You are an insulting little cnut aren't you, considering you don't know me or anything about me. I have never expounded any conspiracy theory, neither do I lie. Its easy to accuse someone of that hiding behind a keyboard.
    You'll probably be telling everyone I'm a racist next. Just because I don't agree with you.
    Well I don't think for one minute you are a racist but on this issue you are wrong . There is a difference between calling someone a bloody Marxist or a bloody tory and people posting racist abuse directly to black people.

First Team

Calm down dear, it's an internet message board.

I do know you post in support of conspiracy theories on the Coronavirus thread. I suspect you also aren't in downtown Baku at the moment given all your posts about daily issues in and around Cardiff. I note you don't deny being right of Bozo.

One thing I have never done, which you do with gay abandon, is use abusive language towards you.