+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racists

Re: Racists

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    With estimates of 36-48m people worldwide currently enslaved, today we have more slaves than any time in history.

There are far too many to mention, but recently we have seen Yazidi women enslaved, it's common place in Mauritania, and prevalent throughout sub saharan Africa.
    Feel your pain.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Feel your pain.
    I have no idea what you are trying yo say.

Anyway, I'm not sure what slavery has got to do with racism, as throughout history, the majority of slavery has been about enslaving their own or neighbouring people and not those from a foreign land or continent

Anyway, I'm not sure what slavery has got to do with racism, as throughout history, the majority of slavery has been about enslaving their own or neighbouring people and not those from a foreign land or continent
    You think that the majority of enslavement has been about doing it to their own people?

Feedback

You think that the majority of enslavement has been about doing it to their own people?
    Yes, let's take the African slave trade as an example. The slaves were bought by European traders who shipped them to the New World. Who did the Europeans buy the slaves from? Clue: it wasn't other Europeans.

Yes, let's take the African slave trade as an example. The slaves were bought by European traders who shipped them to the New World. Who did the Europeans buy the slaves from? Clue: it wasn't other Europeans.
    You have this idea in your head that just because there was a history of enslavement on the African continent that they did it to their own people?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Can't understand how you won't see it. You are treating her differently because of her Asian heritage.
    You're obviously staunchly anti racist . Right up until the point that someone from an ethnic minority gets a bit 'uppity', at which point the first thing you mention is her ethnic background. The fact you mention that ridiculous term 'whataboutery' suggests you have no capacity for debate or introspection
    You're obviously extremely naive and clearly one who cherishes Tory principles. Good for you but you need to learn a bit about the world instead of lashing out wildly against anyone you disagree with! I haven't a lot of patience with Tories but in your case, due to your ignorance I'm prepared to be a tad more tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're obviously extremely naive and clearly one who cherishes Tory principles. Good for you but you need to learn a bit about the world instead of lashing out wildly against anyone you disagree with! I haven't a lot of patience with Tories but in your case, due to your ignorance I'm prepared to be a tad more tolerant.
    In the country we live in it's perfectly possible that Priti Patel has suffered significant racial intolerance and abuse. It is also perfectly possible that being a child of Hindu parents who lived in Uganda before moving to the UK that Priti can manage her views on race by differentiating between black people and other ethnic groups such that her sympathies for some racial challenges become numbed.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you mean as opposed to non-american americans?
    Meant African Americans

In the country we live in it's perfectly possible that Priti Patel has suffered significant racial intolerance and abuse. It is also perfectly possible that being a child of Hindu parents who lived in Uganda before moving to the UK that Priti can manage her views on race by differentiating between black people and other ethnic groups such that her sympathies for some racial challenges become numbed.
    It may well have been possible that she encountered some racist abuse but being born into a wealthy family precluded her from the worst abuse being associated with being coloured and poor.

She would never have had any comprehension of the stigma and trauma poor people suffer. She chooses to ignore and despise her roots for the sake of personal gain. For me that's unforgivable.

First Team

Hi Feedy. Welcome back.

I think the relationship between slavery and racism is much more nuanced than you're allowing for. There was a quite a debate around it from the 1950s onwards. You can certainly have racism without slavery and slavery without racism. But if you accept a definition of racism as being one of identifying a group of people because they are an "other" (other culture, other skin colour, other community etc) I think the link is stronger than you're allowing for.

It may well have been possible that she encountered some racist abuse but being born into a wealthy family precluded her from the worst abuse being associated with being coloured and poor.

She would never have had any comprehension of the stigma and trauma poor people suffer. She chooses to ignore and despise her roots for the sake of personal gain. For me that's unforgivable.
    Was her family wealthy before they came to this country?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We have discussed this before many times Sludge, and whilst our views on the subject slightly differ, i do respect your opinions on most things (except your musical tastes),
    I also understand that those of a quieter nature and smaller build might not want to confront a few neanderthal racist slobs at a game, or anywhere else for that matter.
    The thing that irks me though, is right down through history, minorities have caused chaos all over the world, The majority of folk of all nationalities, are caring, loving, peaceful people. Are we going to let minorities run wild and roughshod forever, and only condemn them from a distance?
    I think the problem inherent in all this is not the fact that George Floyd was clearly not a very nice bloke nor was it the fact that in London most young black men murdered are killed by other young black men its the fact that as you say most people of all nationalities are decent people . But there are elements of society including law enforcement , idiots sending racial abuse online and openly racist people in day to day life ......such as at football matches ......that mean that whilst black lives matter and kick it out can be argued to have made its point , recent events are going to Stoke the fire 🔥

Its very worrying in my view how far to the right Britain has become

In my view , as the saying goes , we are all in it together

Feedback

You have this idea in your head that just because there was a history of enslavement on the African continent that they did it to their own people?
    Those Africans enslaved were caught by their own people and sold to Europeans in the many slave markets that existed all along the coast. This practice had green going on long before Columbus discovered the New World.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Hi Feedy. Welcome back.

I think the relationship between slavery and racism is much more nuanced than you're allowing for. There was a quite a debate around it from the 1950s onwards. You can certainly have racism without slavery and slavery without racism. But if you accept a definition of racism as being one of identifying a group of people because they are an "other" (other culture, other skin colour, other community etc) I think the link is stronger than you're allowing for.
    Hi Adz

I've not made any comment on the link between racism and slavery. In fact its quite the opposite. My position is that the two can exist outside of each other.

Seems she was from an ordinary family who ran a newsagent business. She went to a standard secondary modern school in Watford, then Keele University. Not from a privilaged public school background or Oxbridge.

I think your judgement of her is coloured by the fact that she is a Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Seems she was from an ordinary family who ran a newsagent business. She went to a standard secondary modern school in Watford, then Keele University. Not from a privilaged public school background or Oxbridge.

I think your judgement of her is coloured by the fact that she is a Tory.
    Apart from some very brief words about a political cartoon, I’ve not made any comment on the Home Secretary in this thread. So, continuing to leave personal remarks out of the discussion, what do you think of a politician from any party who is the subject of stories like these?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1880833.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from some very brief words about a political cartoon, I’ve not made any comment on the Home Secretary in this thread. So, continuing to leave personal remarks out of the discussion, what do you think of a politician from any party who is the subject of stories like these?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1880833.html
    I don't think a lot of her....never have, but it don't see how these newspaper clips have anything to do with the comments Dorcus made about her.

I don't think a lot of her....never have, but it don't see how these newspaper clips have anything to do with the comments Dorcus made about her.
    And yet you are still defending her. In my view, there is no need for anyone to bring her ethnicity into the argument, the links I posted define her as a wrong un, no matter what party she belongs to.

Those Africans enslaved were caught by their own people and sold to Europeans in the many slave markets that existed all along the coast. This practice had green going on long before Columbus discovered the New World.
    I think we were hoodwinked about Columbus....

And yet you are still defending her. In my view, there is no need for anyone to bring her ethnicity into the argument, the links I posted define her as a wrong un, no matter what party she belongs to.
    Its like trying to reason with Trump fanatics. Complete waste of time.

To be fair some Tory MPs have backed the players and distanced themselves from Patel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its like trying to reason with Trump fanatics. Complete waste of time.

To be fair some Tory MPs have backed the players and distanced themselves from Patel.
    It’s not what it seems in this case. Lisvane blue is a fair minded and generous friend of mine. Because of this, I was a bit surprised that he said what he did for what seemed to be no other reason than Priti Patel belonged to a particular party. I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t defend a Labour politician in the same way if they had a history like she has.

It’s not what it seems in this case. Lisvane blue is a fair minded and generous friend of mine. Because of this, I was a bit surprised that he said what he did for what seemed to be no other reason than Priti Patel belonged to a particular party. I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t defend a Labour politician in the same way if they had a history like she has.
    I didn't defend her. As I said Im not that fond of her. I just pointed to Dorcus that she had a very normal upbringing and is not one of the privileged few. So his conclusion on what a horrible racist women he thinks she us is probably tainted because she also happens to be a Tory.

Stones and glass houses come to mind.

https://youtu.be/_DrsVhzbLzU

This idiot is our home secretary 🙄

As far as I am concerned she's a complete idiot , a career politician and a very dangerous woman

Keep voting tory and these little snakes will find their nest with the other vipers

She used the term gesture politics not to debate a very important topic but to appeal to the idiots who voted her in

Its more than possible for people from ethnic minorities to be racist towards others and it wouldn't surprise me if she was

Dreadful devious back stabbing woman

I didn't defend her. As I said Im not that fond of her. I just pointed to Dorcus that she had a very normal upbringing and is not one of the privileged few. So his conclusion on what a horrible racist women he thinks she us is probably tainted because she also happens to be a Tory.

Stones and glass houses come to mind.
    I think she's a horrible little racist

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think she's a horrible little racist
    As bad as Jeremy Corbyn??