+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racists

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Racists

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It may well have been possible that she encountered some racist abuse but being born into a wealthy family precluded her from the worst abuse being associated with being coloured and poor.

She would never have had any comprehension of the stigma and trauma poor people suffer. She chooses to ignore and despise her roots for the sake of personal gain. For me that's unforgivable.
    Seems she was from an ordinary family who ran a newsagent business. She went to a standard secondary modern school in Watford, then Keele University. Not from a privilaged public school background or Oxbridge.

I think your judgement of her is coloured by the fact that she is a Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Seems she was from an ordinary family who ran a newsagent business. She went to a standard secondary modern school in Watford, then Keele University. Not from a privilaged public school background or Oxbridge.

Apart from some very brief words about a political cartoon, I’ve not made any comment on the Home Secretary in this thread. So, continuing to leave personal remarks out of the discussion, what do you think of a politician from any party who is the subject of stories like these?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1880833.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from some very brief words about a political cartoon, I’ve not made any comment on the Home Secretary in this thread. So, continuing to leave personal remarks out of the discussion, what do you think of a politician from any party who is the subject of stories like these?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1880833.html
    I don't think a lot of her....never have, but it don't see how these newspaper clips have anything to do with the comments Dorcus made about her.

I don't think a lot of her....never have, but it don't see how these newspaper clips have anything to do with the comments Dorcus made about her.
    And yet you are still defending her. In my view, there is no need for anyone to bring her ethnicity into the argument, the links I posted define her as a wrong un, no matter what party she belongs to.

Or perhaps your judgement is clouded as shes a Tory?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or perhaps your judgement is clouded as shes a Tory?
    I was just stating facts...an ordinary upbringing in an ordinary family.

If that's the case, then her behaviour is even worse than if she did come from a wealthy background.