+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Re: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    There's enough information on there on the web and YouTube! Do your own homework
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    There's enough information on there on the web and YouTube! Do your own homework
    You're parroting it, aren't you?

If not, why do you think the footballers are supporting a Marxist organisation?

I’m hoping this political infestation of football doesn’t trickle down to club level to the extent that it has the international game.
    I’m thinking that if that happens it’ll be impossible to enjoy the game and club for its own sake anymore.
    It’s supposed to be a sport and an entertainment we can all share and escape the circular arguments of politics and hatred but if that’s gone it’s not for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No I didnt. I said exactly the opposite and emphasised that what I gave was an opinion which you are perfectly free to disagree with.

Of course you have no idea what I know and don’t know.

I get terribly tired of this thing where asking kids to provide sources when they’re new to higher education is misunderstood as something we must apply to all adult conversations and indeed all future thinking .

It’s actually just a kind of painting by numbers to get you on the ladder for your information, and it’s a pity if you get angry when someone disagrees with you really.
    I’m hoping this political infestation of football doesn’t trickle down to club level to the extent that it has the international game.
    I’m thinking that if that happens it’ll be impossible to enjoy the game and club for its own sake anymore.
    It’s supposed to be a sport and an entertainment we can all share and escape the circular arguments of politics and hatred but if that’s gone it’s not for me anymore.
    You can still enjoy football , just don't racially abuse people

You are clearly not a racist so carry on as you were

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me? YOU used the word “fact”. YOU even used the word “Marxist”. And also academics, even professors quote their sources to provide evidence of their claims. Basically to show their arguments are bullshit.

The world does not ****ing revolve around a certain group of people
    Adz. Engaging with Internet trolls since 1996 and never learning.

Just don't respond.

YouTube
    People still go to Facebook high, Google college and YouTube university 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Adz. Engaging with Internet trolls since 1996 and never learning.

Just don't respond.
    Noted bro Hope you’re okay

Noted bro Hope you’re okay
    Discussions are healthy.

Banging your head against your desk speaking to someone who is intentionally setting our to wind you up isn't.

Yes, all good. Same to you 👍

We have some fine, upstanding folk trying to defend the England football team from the Marxist hordes in this thread by pointing out that they, as old, white men, know more about being black in modern day Britain than the ten members of the twenty six man squad Gareth Southgate picked originally who I don't believe would have passed the "natural born Britons" test as advocated by one of those defending those who boo taking the knee.

This link (I know the Libertarians on here don't like such things, but I think it's relevant in this case) from a respected fact checking site attempts to answer the question as to whether BLM is a Marxist organisation or not and seems to me to come down on the side of saying it isn't.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...xist-movement/

I'm sure that those trying to put the England football team right on things like this will note that the article is a year old and things have changed since then. They are right to some extent as well, more is known about BLM now, but the strange thing is that I don't recall any of them saying anything too much different back in May/June 2020 after the killing of George Floyd on the subject of race relations than they're doing now - surely, they're not just using the whole BLM controversy as a convenient means of trying to mask views they've always held are they?

If Welsh fans now boo the English national anthem or offer to shit on their side of the bridge is it deemed as a form of racism and hatred

Probably. Everyone seems determined to be offended by every childish remark or daft comment whether it has anything to do with them or not.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We have some fine, upstanding folk trying to defend the England football team from the Marxist hordes in this thread by pointing out that they, as old, white men, know more about being black in modern day Britain than the ten members of the twenty six man squad Gareth Southgate picked originally who I don't believe would have passed the "natural born Britons" test as advocated by one of those defending those who boo taking the knee.

This link (I know the Libertarians on here don't like such things, but I think it's relevant in this case) from a respected fact checking site attempts to answer the question as to whether BLM is a Marxist organisation or not and seems to me to come down on the side of saying it isn't.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...xist-movement/

I'm sure that those trying to put the England football team right on things like this will note that the article is a year old and things have changed since then. They are right to some extent as well, more is known about BLM now, but the strange thing is that I don't recall any of them saying anything too much different back in May/June 2020 after the killing of George Floyd on the subject of race relations than they're doing now - surely, they're not just using the whole BLM controversy as a convenient means of trying to mask views they've always held are they?
    Thanks, I think the link is interesting. It seems the intellectual support for the view BLM is Marxist is drawn from conservative academics which I guess adds (fallaciously) to its appeal.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People still go to Facebook high, Google college and YouTube university ��
    That's clever and funny. I may pinch that if I may.

Probably. Everyone seems determined to be offended by every childish remark or daft comment whether it has anything to do with them or not.
    Purely as a matter of interest Sir Jim, would you have the same degree of repugnance against an organisation which calls itself JLM?

Certainly if it had the same hidden agenda.

Certainly if it had the same hidden agenda.
    What hidden agenda is that then? It can’t be that they’re Marxists, because people like you are always telling us about that one - it’s hardly hidden.

The problem with 'taking the knee' is that (1) it has been going on for too long, and (2) it only seems to be applied to football. Why don't all sports do it? I don't recall any rugby players doing it, and I certainly didn't see any tennis players at Wimbledon either. Nor golf, or motor racing, darts, snooker, or any other sport you can mention. Why only football? Do they think all fans are all low-life racists who need educating?
    Like the public in general, the vast majority of football fans are not racist, and they are starting to resent being told that they are, every time a game kicks off. That's why people boo - not because they're racist, but because they're tired of being labelled as such.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The problem with 'taking the knee' is that (1) it has been going on for too long, and (2) it only seems to be applied to football. Why don't all sports do it? I don't recall any rugby players doing it, and I certainly didn't see any tennis players at Wimbledon either. Nor golf, or motor racing, darts, snooker, or any other sport you can mention. Why only football? Do they think all fans are all low-life racists who need educating?
    Like the public in general, the vast majority of football fans are not racist, and they are starting to resent being told that they are, every time a game kicks off. That's why people boo - not because they're racist, but because they're tired of being labelled as such.
    It has happened in other sports

Lewis Hamilton does it as well

A lot of the people who boo are nailed on racists and the problem of racism in society and in football in particular has never gone away

Some racists change through education but some retain their moronic views and you only have to go on football websites to see how prevalent it is

I am not talking about people having a reasonable discussion as we are here , I am talking appalling levels of racist attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Hes nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    How long is too long? Why shouldn't it last forever? Would we say the same about public service announcements decrying drink driving? Would we say they have gone on too long for example? They have slowly burned onto the collective consciousness the shame of drink driving, just like the Taking the Knee gesture is attempting to achieve the same with regard to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Absolutely brilliant! There's no hiding place from those comments. Perfectly summed up.

if that’s gone it’s not for me anymore.
    Great stuff. Keep it up with the kneeling lads, it's working a treat

Feedback

What a load of bollocks this thread is. We don't live in a football stadium, so taking the knee means nothing outside the world of football. People need to wake up and realise disagreeing with taking the knee is not being racist, it means (or certainly can mean) that its meaning has been eroded through continuous use.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    What a load of bollocks this thread is. We don't live in a football stadium, so taking the knee means nothing outside the world of football. People need to wake up and realise disagreeing with taking the knee is not being racist, it means (or certainly can mean) that its meaning has been eroded through continuous use.
    There are valid reasons for disagreeing with an anti-racism message?