+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Re: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Let's just see if Feedback can throw a shoe over a pub and then close this thread.
    It was a kettle wasn't it?

Old army trick

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Googled?

It's called memory old fruit.
    Typical Brent.😂😂😂

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Typical Brent.😂😂😂
    No idea who or what Brent is

No idea who or what Brent is
    It's in the Sudetenland.

Let's remember that this particular strand of the thread was started by you criticising someone for their apparent incorrect use of the term "marxist", and in the same sentence made the incorrect claim Marx was German.
    Not many folk know that Karl Marx sister, Onya, invented the starter pistol .

So after 9 odd pages of mostly guff, is taking the knee, to continue?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I think its a yes

Yes it is

We have learned that it winds some people up which in turn winds some other people up which then winds the original people up

so its all good

Still no one among those telling the England team why they were wrong to take the knee have bothered to tell James O'Brien why he was incorrect when he said this a few days ago I see;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8L...ab_channel=LBC

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still no one among those telling the England team why they were wrong to take the knee have bothered to tell James O'Brien why he was incorrect when he said this a few days ago I see;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8L...ab_channel=LBC
    She is slaughtered in that

Interesting first comment is if taking the knee is gesture politics what is clapping the NHS , by tory voters , whose representatives vote down a pay rise for the NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She is slaughtered in that

Interesting first comment is if taking the knee is gesture politics what is clapping the NHS , by tory voters , whose representatives vote down a pay rise for the NHS?
    Spot on Sludge, well observed.

Not many folk know that Karl Marx sister, Onya, invented the starter pistol .
    Onya yer MarXs go

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Onya yer MarXs go
    LG1KN-Q4_400x400.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hey , leave my dad out of this

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yes it is

We have learned that it winds some people up which in turn winds some other people up which then winds the original people up

so its all good
    I just don't understand why if people are offended by it they go for a piss, read the programme , talk to their wife or whatever , think of liz hurley locked in the cellar etc then when it's done , watch the game ? 🤔

I just don't understand why if people are offended by it they go for a piss, read the programme , talk to their wife or whatever , think of liz hurley locked in the cellar etc then when it's done , watch the game ? 🤔
    Do you or Liz have keys to said cellar

I found it ironic that NYC Blue was quick to criticise yet was economical with his own facts.
    Jesus. So we can add irony to the list of things you don't understand.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. So we can add irony to the list of things you don't understand.
    I don't have the time, nor the crayons, to explain why you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do you or Liz have keys to said cellar
    I have lost them . She's I there and I can't even get in to help her out . Poor girls got no food or water either. It's a terrible end to a great career .

Not at GB News….

Guto Harri quits GB News over taking the knee row https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57885955

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Not at GB News….

Guto Harri quits GB News over taking the knee row https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57885955
    Harri says

Whatever nerdy types tell you about BLM and its associations taking the knee is a simple gesture that says you reject racism

That will do for me

Harri says

Whatever nerdy types tell you about BLM and its associations taking the knee is a simple gesture that says you reject racism

That will do for me
    Footballers can continue to do it for the rest of their lives, if they want. In their own homes, on holiday, in the supermarket. In training. etc, etc.. But I doubt they do, or will. But they'll do it when they have a large, captive audience who'll be vilified if they show any sign of disapproval. I also doubt it will change anyone's views -probably harden those on one end of the spectrum..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Footballers can continue to do it for the rest of their lives, if they want. In their own homes, on holiday, in the supermarket. In training. etc, etc.. But I doubt they do, or will. But they'll do it when they have a large, captive audience who'll be vilified if they show any sign of disapproval. I also doubt it will change anyone's views -probably harden those on one end of the spectrum..
    https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...g-priti-patel/

Yes, the people getting triggered now will continue to be, I agree with that.

Well it would be pointless kneeling to yourself . The Knee is clearly defined as opposition to racism . If someone objects to the gesture that's fine . But I think those prepared to boo it are racists . And a lot of people think that too . They will of course try to deny it but it doesn't wash with me . Object to it by writing letters or just keeping quiet , thats fine . That's showing displeasure . But booing it is crossing the line in my view .

I think people who are prepared to boo what could be black Cardiff City players showing a united front against racism are deserving of all the vilification they get .